Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Dan , Micheus ... how to re-submit pull-request ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think I can work through the command and come to understanding of why I can't commit / ammend . I will use some of the things on your list. I believe I was close to getting it done last night. I was using your list ...

I think I can work through the command and come to understanding of why I can't commit / ammend . I will use some of the things on your list. I believe I was close to getting it done last night. I was using your list ...
ggaliens, it's an github access issue.
Today I had similar problem - I use http reference to git repository so the message is a bit different:
Code:
$ git push origin
error: Recv failure: Connection was reset while accessing http://github.com/Micheus/wings.git/info/refs
fatal: HTTP request failed

I changed the reference to SSH:
Code:
$ git push origin
ssh: connect to host github.com port 22: Bad file number
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

and then for HTTPS:
Code:
$ git push origin
error: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to github.com:443  while accessing https://github.com/Micheus/wings.git/info/refs
fatal: HTTP request failed

I checked for their status and maybe that justify the intermittent problem: GitHub System Status - they are having problems related to DDoS attack.
Interesting. And when I start executing odd ball git command like a knuclehead ... I probably present like a DDoS attacker.

Thanks for the information.

I googled this a bunch a while back ... I think you do get non-meaningful and even mesleading error messages from GIT though ... when doing stuff you don't have permission for doing. That's what I read before ... and thats what the experience seemed to "say" to me.

So it could have been TWO THINGS ... different things. YUK.
ggaliens the ssh error is strange, it be because github was ddos'ed the other day, or that
something is bad in your setup, I have noticed some of your commits are from ggaliens@bougusmail.org
and some are not.

So maybe check your settings?

otherwise you make a new commit and push the branch again.

When I want you to fix something in one (the latest) commit do:
git checkout BRANCH_NAME
<edit files>
git add CHANGED_FILES
git commit --amend
git push origin -f BRANCH_NAME

If you need to fix several commits you can use:
git add SOME_CHANGED_FILES
git commit --fixup SHA_ID_OFF_FIXED_COMMIT
git add MORE_CHANGED_FILES
git commit --fixup SHA_ID_OFF_OTHER_FIXED_COMMIT

git rebase -i --autosquash upstream/master (if you have named my repos upstream)
git push -f origin BRANCH_NAME

Learning git is well worth it and use gitk all time to check that the correct stuff is commited
and that the commit messages looks good.

Info in pull-reqs get lost, keep info commit msgs.
First line should be max 80 chars describing what you did
Blank line
Description of why it is needed and implementation details if you think it is necessary.
Pages: 1 2