Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Lines, UV Mapping doubts.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm practicing with the texturing, UV Mapping, although I seemed simple at first, I see some complicated things, or do not quite understand yet.

to explain to me better I'll will use an example with this "table" Tongue

A basic, simple, model

the problem(?) with smooth shading

why this happens?

on Ultimate Unwrap3D (3ds exported from Wings3D)

As far as I can assume, these lines should NOT appear.
the "squares" on top are simple extrudes.

As always, thank you very much for the help. Biggrin
Hi c-sanchez
You can put this kind of question in the Interface & Usage session. (I'm going to move it to there later Wink)

That's something you will always notice when you use n-gons and see it in an OpenGL viewer.
If you will not smooth it or will render it in a proper application for that you probably will notice this effect is less perceptible, but you would get better result making the edges hard.

Try and see the result.

Anyway a would suggest you to avoid n-gons.
Try highlighting your object and in RMB menu choose Auto Smooth Smile
c-sanchez, just in case you are lazy to try the approaches. (my turn, Tongue)
- The left column your probable initial mesh;
- The middle column the presented mesh;
- The right one is your mesh with hard edges set (easy way is use Auto Smooth as suggested by Radi).
The rows are flat shader; smooth shader using One light; smooth shader using Two lights;
[Image: shaders_zpsb446e990.jpg]
Yeah, the edges hard or auto smooth option are good Biggrin
Thank you very much for the replies guys, and i'm sorry for my delay in respond.

You can put this kind of question in the Interface & Usage session. (I'm going to move it to there later Wink)
Heh sorry, Sometimes I have no idea what category to post topics.