Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: UV Mapping - split textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a single mesh that I have assigned multiple materials to the faces.
For instance: Interior_Walls, Floor, Exterior, Roof, Ceiling, Windows.

When I UV Map, I select by material, and unfold each material type into it's own Map.

Unfortunately, What the Wings does is map the different maps onto the same texture.

i.e. myObject_auv or something like that. I want it to give me Interior_Walls_auv, Floor_auv, etc, and not map all the different textures to the same UV map.

Possible?
If you UV map in Object mode it will show all the UVs on top of each other yea.. I'd switch to Face mode and select-by-material each section then RMB > UVmapping from there
That way it will only show your wall UVs, floor UVs etc.. whatever you've selected.
The only issue you'll run into with a multi-material model like that, is that even if you only select faces with "wall material" (for example) and go into AUV, it won't automatically show the 'wall texture' (that you have asigned to 'Wall material') as it would with a single material mesh.. but rather will show the default AUV colorful letters/grid pattern, so you'll have to drag-drop your wall texture from the Outliner on the AUV window if you need to line things up against the texture. Hope that was clear :}
Thank you - Face Mode worked! Who knew this would be so easy?

now why are my UV textures not showing up on the model?
Did you re-project/unfold or otherwise redo the UVs? If so it will create a new temp material ("modelname_auv" or something like that) and you'll just see that material and its 'colorful letter grid' texture on the model.. Just re-apply your other material to the faces

Or is it not showing any textures at all?
... Or, maybe you need to edit the material and set 'Vertex color' to Ignore. Wink

Since a pic is worth 1000 words...
Hmm.. Top Menu > View > Show > Show Textures and Show Materials both checked?
Got it! My Shaders was on Spherical harmonics 9 (whatever that is)