Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Help! rotate camera??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Help me!

I just started with wings 3d and I want to know if you can rotate the

camera around your model?
trg601, just hit the "u" key.
^ that was terrible, tho technically true Biggrin

trg, it depends on what camera mode you selected in the preferences :} Look at the bottom left info bar though, it should tell you how to navigate the camera around
(12-23-2012, 02:06 AM)PeterC (PC) Wrote: [ -> ]^ that was terrible
yes, it was too short. Huh
I will try to add navigation information to the new Documentation project before the year is over. No promises though. This information is in the Wings3D handbook. Although somewhat out of date the basics like this are covered and it is geared towards new users.

oort
I think the following can be a reasonable summit.

----------------------

First go do top menu Edit|Preferences; there at tab "Camera" there is a "Camera Mode" field where user can pick which Camera he wants to work with. After pick one, click OK and that is the current Camera.
To know how to perform the three basic Camera moviments, just read the instructions in Info Line (there are situations when these instructions arent visible, for example when Tweak, Sculpt or Connect modes are on).

The three basic camera operations are:

(1) Tumble: it means to rotate around the point Camera is aimed;
(2) Dolly: it means to zoom in/out the point the Camera is aimed;
(3) Track: it means to pan the Camera (move it to any side).

Each Camera mode has its own keys combos to performe those operations (they are visible in Info Line). At following list, please read lmb as "left mouse button", mmb as "middle mouse button" and rmb as "right mouse button".

( A ) Wings3D Camera mode:
Click with mmb to start camera and, after this, with lmb to accept new camera coordinates.
While camera is active:
Tumble/rotate: just drag the mouse
Track/pan: mmb hold
Dolly/zoom: scroll mouse wheel

( B ) Mirai Camera mode:
Click with mmb to start camera and, after this, with lmb to accept new camera coordinates.
While camera is active, use Q key to switch between Tumble/rotate and Track/pan: in both cases, just drag the mouse
Dolly/zoom: mmb hold

( C ) Nendo Camera mode:
Click the mmb to start camera and, after this, with lmb to accept new camera coordinates.
While camera is active, use Q key to switch between Tumble/rotate and Track/pan: in both cases, just drag the mouse
Dolly/zoom: rmb hold

( D ) 3ds Max Camera mode:
Tumble/rotate: Alt + mmb hold
Dolly/zoom: Ctrl + Alt + mmb hold

( E ) Maya Camera mode:
Tumble/rotate: Alt + lmb hold
Track/pan: Alt + mmb hold
Dolly/zoom: Alt + rmb hold

( F ) Blender Camera mode:
Tumble/rotate: mmb hold
Track/pan: Shift + mmb hold
Dolly/zoom: Ctrl + mmb hold

( G ) MotionBuilder Camera mode:
Tumble/rotate: Ctrl + Shift + lmb hold
Track/pan: Shift + lmb hold
Dolly/zoom: Ctrl + lmb hold

( H ) SketchUp Camera mode:
(12-23-2012, 05:32 PM)Fonte Boa Wrote: [ -> ]I think the following can be a reasonable summit.

----------------------

First go do top menu Edit|Preferences; there at tab "Camera" there is a "Camera Mode" field where user can pick which Camera he wants to work with. After pick one, click OK and that is the current Camera.
To know how to perform the three basic Camera moviments, just read the instructions in Info Line (there are situations when these instructions arent visible, for example when Tweak, Sculpt or Connect modes are on).

The three basic camera operations are:

(1) Tumble: it means to rotate around the point Camera is aimed;
(2) Dolly: it means to zoom in/out the point the Camera is aimed;
(3) Track: it means to pan the Camera (move it to any side).

Each Camera mode has its own keys combos to performe those operations (they are visible in Info Line). At following list, please read lmb as "left mouse button", mmb as "middle mouse button" and rmb as "right mouse button".

( A ) Wings3D Camera mode:
While camera is active:
Tumble/rotate: just drag the mouse

( B ) Mirai Camera mode:
Dolly/zoom: mmb hold

( C ) Nendo Camera mode:
Click the mmb to start camera and, after this, with lmb to accept new camera coordinates.
Dolly/zoom: rmb hold

( D ) 3ds Max Camera mode:
Tumble/rotate: Alt + mmb hold
Dolly/zoom: Ctrl + Alt + mmb hold

( E ) Maya Camera mode:
Tumble/rotate: Alt + lmb hold
Track/pan: Alt + mmb hold
Dolly/zoom: Alt + rmb hold

( F ) Blender Camera mode:
Dolly/zoom: Ctrl + mmb hold

( G ) MotionBuilder Camera mode:
Tumble/rotate: Ctrl + Shift + lmb hold
Track/pan: Shift + lmb hold
Dolly/zoom: Ctrl + lmb hold

( H ) SketchUp Camera mode:

-----------

Why not to move this topic to "Interface & Usage" room?
Hello,

i've just installed wing 3d on win 10 (new user) and i get the same issue.

With a usb mouse that's OK !!!!! WinkWink

But with my LOGITECH WIRELESS COMBO MK330 ( keyboard and mouse package ) no Huh .M function doesn't work

I have tested it on
https://www.onlinemictest.com/mouse-test/

=> doesn't work my button wheel click....

Finally i have to push with force to get button wheel click ! Angry
wings59000, welcome.

It's a not common behaviour.
Do you have any mouse drive app set to change the the middle button behave?
I ask because I have a Logitech Set Point which allow me that and sometimes it caused me issues when scrolling on browsers.
Yeah, cross-post. Smile

I have the same. Check the app and make sure the MMB has the default behaviour set.