Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: What are steps to select "HOLE EDGES" ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What are steps to select "HOLE EDGES" ?

Is it possible ? Easy ?
Does this help?
[Image: hole-edge_loop_zps913babec.png]
Select one edge and apply Edge Loop [L]
It is an answer. Probably helps.

I was looking for something that might work with 100 holes. Or even 5 hard to locate holes (occluded maybe).

I didn't want to have to select the initial edge(s).
Oh! Ok.
If all these holes are in a object you have the option to select it entirely and in Face mode use the [RMB] to select Hole option.
My status bar says "Remove Holes adjacent to faces". That's not what I want to do. Did I not understand you correctly ? Maybe I don't see the proper option that you see.
(06-05-2015, 01:49 PM)ggaliens Wrote: [ -> ]My status bar says "Remove Holes adjacent to faces". That's not what I want to do.
Maybe it's still what you want, but the info bar is right. You just need to select a surround face to close the hole. What I suggested was select all the faces and that way any hole in the object (all of them) would be closed.
I have technical reasons for my problem domain, where I need to keep the hole OPEN.

I tried selecting what seems like all visible vertices ... then hit MINUS to make my selection shrink away from hole. But that does not work. So I'm trying to do it more direct.

And I did. I had to make a new command, because it is not in there already. So I think the anwer to my original question is that it's not easy to select hole-edges with current wings.
In this case you know, you'll need to code. Wink

That not make sense have a option for just select holes since we can see them and that is enough for the usual modelling.
I can "see" all short edges. But we still have a selector for them. ;-)
(06-05-2015, 04:33 PM)ggaliens Wrote: [ -> ]I can "see" all short edges. But we still have a selector for them. ;-)
You understood. It's not a word question ("see"). They are different things - select a short edge is something useful while select a hole (as you want) not - at least for the usual modelling.

As usual you want something that help you with your "lots more" stuff and for that your need to create your own code/"support". (my thoughts)
Pages: 1 2