Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: What's the preferred renderer to use with Wings3D these days?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have posted an updated version that should fix a problem that would happen when the plugins path has "_" in the folder name. No more Image Handler errors should happen as long as the "Plugins Path" is set in the YafaRay Options Dialog.

oort
Cool, I tried out the new version of the Yafaray plugin. The plugins path text box is helpful, but how about a "browse" button and/or having it default to the "plugins" folder in the folder where the renderer executable is located?
(08-14-2015, 05:25 PM)ekolis Wrote: [ -> ]but how about a "browse" button and/or having it default to the "plugins" folder in the folder where the renderer executable is located?
Maybe a default location would be a good solution. After user select the render location that could be used to define the plugins one since it used to be under that folder.

The current Wings3d controls doesn't allows to select only folder - that is why oort didn't implemented it.
ekolis,
Glad that helped. Thanks for trying the updated plugin and your feedback.

I considered making the plugins folder automatically defined. That is what povmaniac had done in his version of the plugin. I am nervous about having that automatic. If YafaRay or TheBounty were to change the structure of where things are located it would break the plugin. I admit that would probably never happen but I have learned to never say never... and if something can change it will Smile

Being able to browse to the plugins folder will help and make it easier.That feature will be available when the new wxWidgets version of Wings3D is released, thanks to Micheus.

Thanks,
oort
I have posted an updated version of the YafaRay plugin on my website.

I discovered that Spot Light Angle was not being exported. This has been fixed. I also added two Spot Light settings that were missing... Blend and Fuzzyness.

The Help information for Material Object Properties and Lights has been updated.

Ambient Lights now default to Constant instead of None.

oort
When I changed the default for Ambient Light Background from None to Constant, I introduced a bug (Infinite Light Dialog crashing). Not worth the extra time to make it that way so I have switched the default back to None.

The updated plugin is on my website.

Sorry if you already installed the buggy version... Sad

oort
I discovered that the Background Color under YafaRay Render Options was lighting the scene, when it should not. Add an Ambient light and set Background to Constant and enable Enlight to light the scene with a Background color. Enlight is now disabled by default.

The updated plugin is on my website.
oort
I feel like I am playing the whack-a-mole game... Smile Sad

Changing the default for Enlight to disabled, caused the Samples setting to be disabled in the Ambient light dialog when Enlight is enabled. I have fixed the bug and updated the plugin on my website.

oort
Thanks a lot @oort for regularly updating your plug-in. While creating 3D stuff your plug-in really helped us.
Jerry,
I would like to see some renders of your stuff if it is allowed. Whenever I google for Wings3D YafaRay renders all I ever find is my own stuff.... Sad

Thanks,
oort
Pages: 1 2