Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Wings 1.5.4 released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Micheus,
I thought about that issue, you linked to, that I had with OpenFX this morning, in relation to the false positive.

I just wanted to post the info just in case...

Thanks,
oort
It seems that Panda Antivirus only has a problem with the installer...

I turned off Panda Antivirus to install Wings3D 1.5.4 and then turned Panda Antivirus back on. I did a scan and no virus was found. I tried to run the installer and Panda said there was a virus and the installer was quarantined...

Wings3D 1.5.4 is working fine even with Panda Antivirus running... Smile

oort
(08-06-2015, 01:25 PM)dgud Wrote: [ -> ]- The grid size is now adjusted automatically

Can that be disabled?

If I zoom out too far, wings becomes unresponsive (on win7-64(nVidia) using wings-64), with a need to terminate erl.exe.
(08-11-2015, 03:32 PM)Stem Wrote: [ -> ]Can that be disabled?
No.
I didn't expect to get some one modelling a giant so soon. Smile
Did you really use a so big object or was just trying its limit? Hire I get the camera slowing down after I have a grid greater than 3000x3000.
But is Ok, I'm going to think about that.
I was just testing to see if grid would change its spacing size, so it would not be so dense when viewed from distance.
I have hidden ground plane(grid), I can work with that.

Many thanks, to all involved, for the update/bug fixes.
(08-11-2015, 05:39 PM)Stem Wrote: [ -> ]I have hidden ground plane(grid), I can work with that.
So, despite you were testing do you really need to work far away from the origin?
(08-11-2015, 05:56 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ].............do you really need to work far away from the origin?

Yes. I am currently working on numourous architectural (to scale) models which are quite large. Due to the issue with short edges I am having to work with 1 wings unit = 1cm, which makes the model much larger(in wings unit size) than I would really want, but that is the way I am currently having to work in wings.
Having further issues due to some need for an automatic grid is not appealing. At least in 1.5.3 the grid was customizable/controllable. Why the need for such a change?
(08-11-2015, 06:32 PM)Stem Wrote: [ -> ]At least in 1.5.3 the grid was customizable/controllable. Why the need for such a change?
That one was like an "introduction" to possibility to have more lines than the usual eight ones.
Work in a so large scale hasn't been the usual all these years, then the auto-grid version looked like make it a little more clever. It seems we need something else. Undecided
Pages: 1 2