Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: I need help installing yafaray renderer plugin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have downloaded the YafaRay plugin (edited from Kerkythea to YaraRay)
for windows from Here: http://www.oortman3d.com/wings3d.html

i follow the instuructions i go to File > Install Plug-in > I browse to the tar file
but it when i browse the tar file it show me a error message that says:
" install of yafaray_plugin_1.4.1.tar failed: permission denied "

So how i can fix that?
Thanks!

Edit: is there any way to extract the 2 files by myself?
I have tried to extract them and then i located the .beam but it didn't worked.
Did you know if and how i can do it manually?
Thanks!
giannis196,

I assume when you typed "Kerkythea plugin" you meant "YafaRay plugin"... Smile

I need to update that information a little bit. It used to work just like that but when Windows 7 came along and increased security sometimes you have to do a little extra work.

Go to your Wings3D program files folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\wings3d_1.5.4) and select it.

Right click > Properties > Security Tab in the window that pops up.
Click Edit (middle of the window)
Select your user name in the top part of the window.

Under Permissions for Users (bottom part of the window) > Allow "Write" and "Modify". I think that is all the permissions you will need to add...

To do this manually, extract the .beam file (That is the only one you need. The other one is the source file) Put the .beam file in the plugins/import_export folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\wings3d_1.5.4\lib\wings-1.5.4\plugins\import_export). You may be asked if it is ok to put the file there or get a message that you have to be admin, if your security settings do not allow you to put files in that folder.

I assume you know that you will have to install the rendering software, YafaRay, as well.

Let me know if you have problems.
oort
Other option is to start Wings3d using the "Run as Administrator" option in the Windows Explorer context menu. I use that way when I need to install packed plugins.
If it's not packed, I do like oort said - I just copy the files to the destination folder and if asked about the admin password I fill it and everything is ok.
You was right!
I changed the permissions and i runned the wings 3D as administrator and it worked!
It writed something like "the plugin succesfully installed"

But i am facing now another problem.
I go to file>render and i can't find the YafaRay renderer there.
YafaRay is not there...
So, how i can fix that problem?
Thanks!

btw "I assume you know that you will have to install the rendering software, YafaRay, as well."

I have searched for the software but i could only find it as plugin and not as software to install it.
Do you know where i can download the software?
Can you give me a link for that?
Thanks!

Edit: i went to "edit > plugin manager > render" and i saw yafaray is there and ticked but,
at the "file > render" i can't find the renderer yafaray

I need help with that.
giannis,
YafaRay will not show up, under File > Render, until Wings3D knows where the rendering software is...

You can download the official version of YafaRay from the official site. Download "YafaRay". Even though the files say "For Blender", once installed you can use it with Wings3D as well. Yes, that is confusing... Sad

Or you can get "TheBounty" a special fork of YafaRay from that website. If you want to play with SSS you will have to install "TheBounty". Download "TheBounty" This is the version that I use.

You are getting close to being able to render with YafaRay so do not give up... Smile

Edit: Make sure you go to Edit > Plugin Preferences > YafaRay and configure the plugin. It will not work till you do that. Also, make sure you are configuring YafaRay and not old YafRay.

oort
(08-11-2015, 02:22 PM)oort Wrote: [ -> ]giannis,
YafaRay will not show up, under File > Render, until Wings3D knows where the rendering software is...

You can download the official version of YafaRay from the official site. Download "YafaRay". Even though the files say "For Blender", once installed you can use it with Wings3D as well. Yes, that is confusing... Sad

Or you can get "TheBounty" a special fork of YafaRay from that website. If you want to play with SSS you will have to install "TheBounty". Download "TheBounty" This is the version that I use.

You are getting close to being able to render with YafaRay so do not give up... Smile

Edit: Make sure you go to Edit > Plugin Preferences > YafaRay and configure the plugin. It will not work till you do that. Also, make sure you are configuring YafaRay and not old YafRay.

oort

Well actually...After spending some time reading some forum posts for YafaRay,
i read that, the path is case sensetive.
I should put big letters where it need,
and also as i note it only accepts english letters, not other language letters so,
i changed some folders names to english names and i get even 1 ster foward.
Now it make the preparations for the render (triagulating the mesh etc.)
but a error message from the console says "could not open input file"

i have attach the error message to give more clear info.

So, do you know what i have to do?
(i think i am at the last step)

Thanks!
giannis,
In the information you attached I see reference to old YaRay. You need to make sure you are using and referencing the new YafaRay.

d:/PROGRA~1/MODELI~1/RENDER~1/YafRay/yafray.exe -pp C:\Program Files\wings3d_1.5.4\lib\wings-1.5.4\plugins -f tga wpc_yafaray-5840-CN9XSN.xml d:/12

Also, the plugins path you are configuring is the plugins path for the Rendering software not Wings3d. You need to correct this.

oort
(08-11-2015, 02:52 PM)oort Wrote: [ -> ]giannis,
In the information you attached I see reference to old YaRay. You need to make sure you are using and referencing the new YafaRay.

d:/PROGRA~1/MODELI~1/RENDER~1/YafRay/yafray.exe -pp C:\Program Files\wings3d_1.5.4\lib\wings-1.5.4\plugins -f tga wpc_yafaray-5840-CN9XSN.xml d:/12

Also, the plugins path you are configuring is the plugins path for the Rendering software not Wings3d. You need to correct this.

oort

i have attach a photo to what i am using.
it says "YafaRay"

and to the plugins path it have got at the end "/wings-1.5.4/plugins"
i don't know why it writes Yafray instant of YafaRay...maybe i need to unistall any other Yafray before install the YafaRay...isn't it?
if is that so then how i can unistall the Yafray to install YafaRay?

Thanks!

Edit:
now it appear me another error message (i have attach it)
it seem it only miss some image handlers.

how i can fix that?
Thanks!
giannis,
You still need to correct the Plugins Path under Edit > Plugin Preferences > YafaRay. You are listing the path to the Wings3D plugins folder instead of the YafaRay plugins folder (...ares/yafaray/bin/plugins).

That is why it cannot find the "image handlers" in the plugins folder. You are specifying the wrong folder in the Plugin Preferences.

This information is shown when you click the Help (?) button in the YafaRay Options dialog (EDit > Plugin Preferences > YafaRay).

oort
oort, the problem is in the plugin code. Did you read my latest email. It's about that in his log:
> d:/PROGRA~1/MODELI~1/RENDER~1/yafaray/bin/YAFARA~1.EXE -pp C:\Program Files\wings3d_1.5.4\lib\wings-1.5.4\plugins -f png wpc_yafaray-5980-3KCXSN.xml d:/tex
INFO: YafaRay 0.1.5
INFO: The plugin path is: C:\Program
INFO: Environment: Loading plugins ...

As it was done to the executable path - converted to short name, you need to do the same for the plugin path. That Program Files (with a blank space between) is causing the problem.
Pages: 1 2