Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Snapshot Time again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Can anyone confirm or deny that with the latest 64 bit snapshot ... the plugin-installer on the FILE menu does not work ?

I didn't work for me ... have to install by hand.
Didn't also for me.At all ,i tried the whole enchilada... voronoi,bolean etc. No luck.
I will try to DEBUG what might be going wrong with plugin-installer as time permits if Dan or someone else doesn't get to it first ... and assuming I didn't do something wrong.

I tried .tar (TARBALL). I didn't try .zip
Manually either...
Manual worked fine for me to install my two favorite tarball plugins into 64 bit land.
nice to hear!wings 64 bit without plug-ins is ...you know!
The plugins should not be needed to re-compiled as long as they are only erlang code.

Hmm can it be some kind admin rights problem with the plugins?
Or do you have non erlang libs in them, gg?
If wings is installed in default directory, you will need to run wings as admin when installing the plugins.
That worked for me, tried with Oorts yafaray plugin.

But that is nothing new is it, the 32b behaved the same?

But I have fixed an error message if it can't be installed correctly.
Dan ... your suggestion about admin privs rings a familiar bell. I'll double check what happens with full authority. There are .exe files in the plugin dir ... so if you are trying to do anything odd like afford "virus" protection, LOL ...

But I'm guessing you are right about the admin factor. Thanks for the heads up.
any chance soon to have a Wings3d ML plug-ins installer for the 64 bits version?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6