Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] Tweak setting change - crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not exactly sure what did this, but I got a crash dump (https://db.tt/SB7uTgSy) after I changed a tweak setting (specifically the show magnet influence option turned off, and changing the magnet radius display colour).

Crash happens once I try to change the magnet radius.

Lemme know if you need more info.
Hopefully fixed in 62ecdc1
Is there a place where we can / are supposed to be downloading the new versions to test?
It's on the download page. Look for Development Release. Wink
Ah, just recently updated. No wonder. Tongue

Thanks dude!
Nope, not fixed. Tongue (as an aside, I like how the crashes are handled now)

Dump:

Dump written 2015-9-14_20-3
Version: 2.0.1
Window: geom
Reason: {badmatch,{0.25098039215686274,0.5882352941176471,1.0}}

Short stack trace:
[]

Long stack trace:
[{wings_tweak,'-draw_magnet/1-fun-0-',3,
[{file,"wings_tweak.erl"},{line,1460}]},
{lists,foldl,3,[{file,"lists.erl"},{line,1262}]},
{wings_tweak,handle_magnet_event,2,[{file,"wings_tweak.erl"},{line,552}]},
{wings_wm,handle_event,3,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,931}]},
{wings_wm,send_event,2,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,903}]},
{wings_wm,do_dispatch,2,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,767}]},
{lists,foreach,2,[{file,"lists.erl"},{line,1337}]},
{wx,foreach,2,[{file,"wx.erl"},{line,193}]}]
Thanks for your feedback. (even so late Tongue)
We need that to know what need to be fixed. Wink
ant it's much better when you can provide us the dump information, Thanks. Smile
I took a look and by considering your last dump file we had two different situations. For the error in the first dump that commit pointed by dgud must have fixed it. For the error in the second dump a recent commit 9af12c6 must have fixed it since I'm using it and I can't reproduce these errors anymore. (I was able to do that just using the install version - 2.0.1).

As a side note, I enabled the control over the transparency portion of the magnet radius display color. Smile

Thanks for report these errors.
Not sure if you meant that it should be fixed in 2.0.1 or not, but that is the version I used and changing the magnet radius still crashes Wings for me.

I am assuming I will have to wait for the next version with the commits before testing again?

Regarding the transparency of the magnet radius, was that a suggestion for me to change that? Since I can't find an area where the transparency is actually editable. Unless you meant the switch to "show magnet influence" to which Wings crashes with and without that checked off.

Regarding the different dumps and such; dunno about you guys, but I still get the crash doing the same things I did previously. lol -- so from a users point of view, it is the same issue. ^_^
(09-16-2015, 02:07 AM)Geta-Ve Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding the transparency of the magnet radius, was that a suggestion for me to change that? Since I can't find an area where the transparency is actually editable. Unless you meant the switch to "show magnet influence" to which Wings crashes with and without that checked off.
No, that was not a suggestion.
Transparency is editable in the "Tweak Preferences" -> "Magnet Radius Display Color". When you access the color dialog you will notice you have access to the Transparency component of the color, but I noticed it was doing nothing (it was hard coded).

again:
- The first crash was related to adjusting the the magnet influence;
- The second crash was about a try to change the color for magnet influence.

except if - again - we have a problem that is platform dependent. Smile
I'm testing it in a 32bit one.
Pages: 1 2