Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] Wings 3D v2.0.1 (OpenGL version check error?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When trying to open Wings 3D 2.0.1 I have the error "Wings3D requires OpenGL 1.2 or higher.", Wings 3D 2.0 and 1.5.4 works ok, Windows XP SP3.
[Image: wings201.png]
[Image: wings20.png]
Also I wonder if you could make the "glassy" menu as in Wings 3D 1.5.4 Tongue
[Image: wings154.png]
It was a very nice touch.
(09-08-2015, 10:18 PM)c-sanchez Wrote: [ -> ]When trying to open Wings 3D 2.0.1 I have the error "Wings3D requires OpenGL 1.2 or higher.", Wings 3D 2.0 and 1.5.4 works ok, Windows XP SP3.
That is not a bug.Smile
Take a look at the announcement and you are going to find:
- Added OpenGL version check, for future version requirements [bjorng]

That means the future stable version will requires at least the still old OpenGL 2.1 ([2006]. the current one is 4.5 [2015]).
Time to upgrade your video card. Wink
________
[edit]yes, it's a bug since it should report 2.1 and not 1.2.
Or just update (or install ) video card drivers
I have updated drivers.

How? Wings 3D 2.0 will not work on "old" hardware? :/
also although 2.0.1 not work, 2.0.0 if. :S
Oh Wings-2.0.1 requires OpenGL 2.1 (and maybe FBO) so that is a typo in the info box.

And what hardware do you have?
I guess you can find a gfx card that support 2.1 for ~50$/Euro..
MOBO BIOSTAR Group G31D-M7, OpengGL 1.4.0
Yes, I'm considering buy a gfx card, Although I think it would be good to Wings 3D some option to run it on hardware with GL 1.2 / <2.1.
If I remember correctly 3ds Max has the option to use Software, DirectX or OpenGL, I'm not sure.

On the other hand, the curiosity I had about "Glassy Menu"..?
http://s6.postimg.org/xwgwm2pip/Wings_Glassy_Menu.png
It is not possible with WX now? Sad
Fixed the error message.
OK ... so what is the deal on wxWidgets 2.0.x development .... does it require a graphics card ?

What I'm asking is ... is there a 2.1 or greater Microsoft software OpenGL solution ? I have not tried windows 8 or window 10 or anything like that yet. So I don't know.
In the next release we will remove all display list and vab usage, and switch it to vbo's instead,
that will make wings use less memory and hopefully a bit faster.

And then later we will remove all opengl materials and switch to shaders for materials and lighting,
to move towards more modern opengl usage.
I have Wings 3D version 1.5.3 running ok on my Asus em350/Windows XP SP3 and it reports OpenGL version 1.4 drivers installed. Wings 3D version 2.0.1 still gives me the "requires 1.2 or higher" message and will go no further.
Pages: 1 2