Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] 'Choose color' dialogue crashes (Win10 -64)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Open Edit Preferences Dialogue.
The 'Choose Color' dialogue crashes when attempting to move slider control bar.
Results in Windows error pop-up:
"erl.exe has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available
"
Close program Confused

Changing the R/G/B numerical values in the dialogue window is OK.
'Choose Color' dialogue only appears for a sub-set of the color options:
General.Vertex Display.Magnet Mask
General.Information text.Background
User Interface.Colors.Title (Active) Background
User Interface.Colors.Title (Passive) Background
User Interface.Colors.Menubar Background
User Interface.Outliner/Geometry Graph{+AdaptiveIcons}.Colors.Background.

Other color options use the older(?) 'Color' dialogue (no sliders ).

Cannot see where - if at all - Windows has stored a diagnostic log file.

{Been away a long time. Thought I'd try V2 on Win 10 64bit. Easiest/cleanest app install so far! Looking really good!}

tery
Hi greytery, it looks like a error we already fixed.
But I would like to ask you to check the color change for Tweak Preferences and tell me which color dialog you see - taking in account the post #12 and #13 here.

I'm assuming you are testing the v2.0.1
Hi micheus, and thanks for quick response.

Yes - 2.0.1 downloaded today, and same 'Choose color' dialogue and same error.
At least it looks like the fix (commit 9af12c6 ??) will kill multiple bug reports - improves the hit rate Biggrin

tery
Ok, but you are seeing the "Choose color" dialog that I attached (#12) or the one attached by Geta-Ve (#13).

If you pay attention, they are different. The Geta-Ve is the OS dialog, but my one is the Wings3d custom one - with alpha channel control.

At first sight, what you reported was really fixed. I just would like so know if there anybody else using the same version, same OS, but getting a different dialog being shown.
I see the #12 'Choose color' custom one with the Alpha slider not the #13 'Color' OS dialogue.

However, when I am in the 'Choose color' dialogue, and click on the top blue rectangle (i.e. not the sliders) I get the OS 'Colour' dialogue. Clicking in lower rectangle (i.e. current setting) has no effect.

(Note, I am in en-GB land, so Win10 OS dialogue says it's 'Colour' - just saying. )

tery
Clicking the top left color swatch gives the old style dialog for me as well. Maybe that color swatch should not bring up any dialog??? In the old style dialog that color swatch changes but clicking does not bring up a new dialog...

The Color swatch ("Color") at the bottom of the Tweak Preferences dialog brings up the old style dialogue. Should it bring up the new style?

I just noticed that the Material Dialog boxes still use the old style color dialog. Maybe the conversion is not complete???

Thanks,
oort
(09-18-2015, 03:28 PM)oort Wrote: [ -> ]The Color swatch ("Color") at the bottom of the Tweak Preferences dialog brings up the old style dialogue. Should it bring up the new style?
I don't think so. It (can) uses the alpha channel of the color schema.

Quote:I just noticed that the Material Dialog boxes still use the old style color dialog. Maybe the conversion is not complete???
I don't think so (again Smile). Windows doesn't provide us a way to set the alpha channel (transparency) of a color, so I believe that will be the only way for a while.
Sounds like it is working as it should be... Smile

Thanks,
oort