Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [solved] Cancelling numeric entry can cause Wings to stop working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I stumbled across this bug that causes Wings to basically stop working. It's a little hard to explain, but after cancelling (by pressing escape) the numeric input, I can't get back to the geometry window, or cancel the moving of the object (Right click to cancel, or escape doesn't work) and my only option is to close wings through the task manager. This only happens if the mouse is outside the bounds of the geometry window when you cancel the numeric input.

I've uploaded a video to better illustrate the problem: https://youtu.be/IdolmRxQgpg

Using Wings 2.0.1 64-bit
Same bug is reproduced in my environment(OSX).
Quote:cancel the moving of the object (Right click to cancel, or escape doesn't work)
This only happens if the mouse is outside the bounds of the geometry window when you cancel the numeric input.

How to make the bug
  1. Using some command (for example Move - X)
  2. Press "Tab" key and call a Numeric input dialog (and some input...)
  3. To Press "ESC" key ,close the dialog

Wings are jumpy.

To Nova
Workaround for until the bug fixed.
To pressing the "tab" key and probably you call numeric dialog once again.
In my case, it was able to go back to an original operation from the bug.

Wings3D 2.0.1 OSX 10.10.5 , 64bit
-------
tkbd
This workaround does not work for me Sad
The only way to safely fix this is cancel the complete command when you cancel the
numeric dialog.
Left (or right) mouse click inside wings window solves on both linux and windows...
It does show the mouse tough..
True, when you cancel without having clicked in the numeric input fields, then the mouse gets focused back on the geometry window and you can cancel the operation.

But this doesn't work if you're following the step I show in my video. It's if you click inside the actual numeric input fields that the problem arises. The mouse keeps getting pushed away from the geometry window and you cannot get to cancel the command, because the numeric input field still has focus (or something).
Ok I let the cancel dialog also cancel the ongoing command.
The problem is not really that the command continues after cancelling the numeric input prompt, I can imagine that actually being preferable in some cases, if you just happen to change your mind. The problem really was that the geometry window lost focus and couldn't be accessed after cancelling in the case of having typed a number.