Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Texturing imported models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, apologies if this has been posted already, but I did a search and couldn't find an answer!

For a small project I'm currently working on, I have to work on the same scene in both Wings 3D and Blender. (Don't ask Biggrin)
To move models back and forth between the programs I export them to 3ds (which also has to be the format of the finished project). The problem is this: when I import a model created in Blender into Wings, the UV coordinates are kept, but the model itself refuses to be textured - it just stays white.
I've tested models in different formats exported from different programs, and encountered this very same problem every time, so it's most likely not a bug in either Blender or 3ds. Does anyone know of a fix/workaround to this? Or am I just being stupid and doing everything wrong?

My version of Wings is 1.5.3, if that helps anyone.
Accavish,
Welcome to the forum.

It may be that you need to load the texture with File > Import Image. Then, in the Outliner Window, drag and drop the texture onto the Material for the model... Wings3D will ask you to specify a Texture type.

Does the texture show up in the Outliner Window?

Not that it is a factor in your question... but you may want to go ahead and upgrade to 1.5.4, since some bugs have been fixed in it.

oort
Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

I have already imported the image, but I didn't know about dragging and dropping the texture. This seems to help, thank you very much!