Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Flow connect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some instructions about its working way?
Well no one wants to answer as it seems. : - )))

As far as I see it does the same thing as in the case of selecting some edges which stand in the same flow route, cutting them to two halves and connecting them. It does it in a more easy way (selecting the edges and using the command only).

Ok, but what is the difference between using the left and right mouse clicks? Is there someone that may give an explanation?
Dimitri,
I have never used flow connect before. It looks like RMB lets you move the newly created edges. I did find the following thread that shows how the LMB Flow Connect command can be used. Flow Connect for space shuttle nose

oort
You always can check the information line and do some tests to understand how it works. Smile

LMB - the vertices (and new edges) will be created tand set aking in account the neighbourhood making the mesh smooth in that region.
If you use it in a regular shape like cylinder you probably will think it do the same as the ordinary connect command. Try it in a irregular shape and compare the result with the ordinary connect.
It has excellent results if applied to create a entire edge loop. For some edges segments, depending on the shape, we can get undesired results.

RMB - will do the same, but you have the option to adjust the "influence" of the neighbourhood. It will act similar to drag the LMB button during Circularize command.
Thanks for the answers Oort and Micheus. Will do some tests to understand its use. I already did some tests but I did them on a simple cylinder, I did not know that I had to do them on more irregular shapes. And, of course, in this case the instructions in the information line did not help.
Understood! It is a very very useful tool indeed!

Oort thanks a lot, without the link you proposed I would never, probably, understand its use. : - )