Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Wx Mouse movement asserts ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure how bad these are but they feel and look gross to me.

Code:
=ERROR REPORT==== 16-Oct-2015::08:15:23 ===
WX ERROR: wxWidgets Assert failure: ..\..\src\common\wincmn.cpp(3300): "Assert failure" in wxWindowBase::ReleaseMouse() : Releasing mouse in 0000000003253E30(wx
GLCanvas) but it is not captured
1>
=ERROR REPORT==== 16-Oct-2015::08:15:23 ===
WX ERROR: wxWidgets Assert failure: ..\..\src\common\wincmn.cpp(3319): "!wxMouseCapture::stack.empty()" in wxWindowBase::ReleaseMouse() : Releasing mouse captur
e but capture stack empty?

I think the above correlates with a freeze of the GUI in Wings 2.0.x
So when do you see them, something releases the mouse without calling capture.
Not sure ... was hoping it was KNOWN issue ... fix in the works or something.

Will try to provide more context if it keeps happening. If nobody else has reported similar ... might be best not to dwell on it. But didn't want to just not report it. It has been happening a fair amount ... once ever couple days. I used wings daily ... so not happening too often as to slow me down.
Try to debug it and send me a pull-req
ggaliens, how heavy was the mesh you were using when that happened?
Maybe the GUI became irresponsible after you try to do some action with a heavy mesh (even look around it)?!
I need to see if this is MESH SPECIFIC and if it happens in official release of Wings3D.
Try to remember if you were doing something specific like some processing that you use to do that take long time.

I experienced it before, during an operation in Tweak with magnet enabled which it was taking long time to be processed and I decided to exit Wings3d.
Wings3d didn't exit at the first time and after when it was exiting I got this same message. It was more or less that process, but I couldn't repeat it again anymore. Sad
Yes ... it was a long and probably CPU intense process on order many seconds to good fraction of a minute .... maybe even more than a minute ... a process that was going to get a wings_pb (progress bar).

Good to know it was not just me. We can both keep our brains on this one and try to think outside box about it ... but it might be beyond our scope . :-(