Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [ignored] ver2.01 falls down by selecting Preferences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wings3d ver2.01(64bit and 32 bit) ends suddenly by selecting Edit|Preferences or clicking the icon of the Preferences on the geometry window with a mouse without any notice.
Therefore I can't know what is wrong in the Preferences.
I am now usually using ver1.54 and this phenomenon doesn't occur.
My Os windows 7 (64)SP1 OpenGL ver 4.1, Graphics INtel 4600, RAM 8Mb.
This version 2.01 may work except this problem, but I don't know well in details.
If ther is any informations about this problem, please inform me.
PS.
I checked the errors which occured by starting Wings3d ver2.01 with the DebugView of windows 7.
I found by this software about 60 errors occured when ver2.01 was started.
They were
[10764] Unknown accel modifier: ''ctrl'
[10764] Unrecognized accel key 'n'', accel string ignored.
[10764] Unrecognized accel key 'o'', accel string ignored.
[10764] Unrecognized accel key 'l'', accel string ignored.
Also ... try doing this with the

Window / Log Window open ... and look for messages there and/or any wings crash-dump files.

Messages that come from Wings3D will have more value, probably.

If you find such messages ... please share.
Snishino, besides the dump info, could you please attach your preferences file please, so we can try to reproduce the error.

You can also try to backup your preferences.txt file and remove it before start v2.0.1. A new one will be created.
If everything go fine, you would make use of Preferences subset to work with both versions (there is some "incompatibility" related to the placement of the windows).
In this case, you save a preferences subset with a different name for each version and then you can recover the settings when you use it. It is not a big deal, but in this moment of transition/test it will help you.
Hello, micheus
By removing the preference.txt file, Wings3d ver2.01 rised up.
For the moment, I 'll try ver.2.01.
Thank you.
Thanks for the feedback. Smile