Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [ignored] ver2.01 gets an error when write a text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for rapid replies. I could overcome the error that occured when I selected the Preferences tag of ver2.01 by removing preference.txt file once.
But I have gotten the next new error.
The error occurs when I try to write a text on the Geometry window, and the following error appears that Text failed: failed to locate the TTF file for the select font.
so that I can't write any character.
In the Preferences|user interface window I tested Ms UI Gothic, Arial etc as System Font and Console font, but this error was not disappered. and when I choosed the Japanese as the Language and tried to write text, the same as the former error occurs that wings3d ver.201 suddenly gets end.
Please again teach me the way to overcome this error.
Are you talking the text primitive?

Then select another font in the same dialog as you write the text.
TrueType font: Arial should work..
it must be a TrueType font.

Sorry but unicode characters is not supported in that command yet.
Yes, I am talking of the text primitiv.
I can select the system and console fonts in the preferences window but the font for the text primitiv can't select because error window " Text failed: failed to locate the TTF file for the select font." appears before the text select window is opened, and the text make process closes.
What shall I do ?

Oh, Thanks. I could.
when I choose the text menu in the right click, I was clicking the place where "Text" characters were written. In stead I clicked the icon on the right edge of the menu. Then error window and the font select window appeared at the same time on the Geometry window, and I choosed Arial font in the font window. After that I can use the text menu normally.
(10-30-2015, 03:13 AM)Snishino Wrote: [ -> ]I was clicking the place where "Text" characters were written. In stead I clicked the icon on the right edge of the menu.
It seems like the previous used text was not found - that is the message meaning.
By clicking in the "icon" or using [RMB] for select Text option in the menu you gain access to the system font dialog and you can select a valid font.

Could you please, now you already was able to select and use a font, try to create a new text in the way you got the error before? I believe you probably will not get it.