Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: TopMod similar algorithm: Add Handle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In TopMod there is "Add Handle(shape interpolation mode)".

Is there something similar in Wings?

For example here is usage for this (it's not in english but you can see the procedure)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFeCFg7rRw
Handles are being made about in 7,27 min of the video.
There isn't a similar command for that. Bridge can connect faces creating only one segment.

We can find other ways to reach the end result, but tweaking the mesh a little.
What did you have in mind?

I think that handle extrudes for one unit and in every step rotates the face for some amount. I may be wrong. Is there some faster way?
(01-19-2016, 05:42 PM)cyseal Wrote: [ -> ]I think that handle extrudes for one unit and in every step rotates the face for some amount. I may be wrong. Is there some faster way?
Yes, that command do that. But I would to think it like a bridge with rotate and segmentation capabilities since it's selected the start and end faces.
You must be noticed that the guy select each face and a reference vertex - which results in the rotation of the "extruded" segments.

In Wings3D, Extrude could help, but you need to know what is the total length of the "arm" in order Bend it and make the top face match with the face in the small piece.
Or, Sweep with has extrude, rotate and lift capabilities also could help, but in the same way we need to do a test-error approach.

Of course, after we create one arm, the best option would be duplicate and place them in the other positions and then weld them.

That is my initial thoughts about how to reach the same result as that handle command.