Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Glitches in the Winds 3d
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Winds 3D software. But I was faced with such problems:
1. Version 1.4.1 above the din worked only once. When you restart erl.exe hanging in the background.
2. Version 1.4.1 saves the file only when running with the rights administratra. And it fails at the second auto-saving. What would she have to turn off the autosave worked.
From what these bugs in the programs. OS Windovs 8 64-bit.
Just curious, is there any special reason to use the oldest v1.4.1?
I would recommend to use the 1.5.4. Mainly because of there is only a 32bits version and memory (lack of it) can cause crashes if you your a hight poly count.

About the problems:
1. I have no idea about what you are talking. "din" ?? - Sorry, can you be more clear.
2. That should not happens if you save your project in a place you have rights. Auto-save store the temporary file in the same place as you project and using its name enclosed by '#' character.
I want to use 1.5.4. But this version to start only once. Then, when I was the very first time it ustanvil.And most of it is not working. It does not help even a reinstallation.
same here!
once i installed Wings V2 on a WIN 8 system and can report
that it could be not started on WIN 8. It could be found in the
task-manager but it will not run on WIN 8.
not checked older Wings Versions on WIN 8.

Wings works fine on WIN 7 and WIN 10.
never mind... WIN 8 is strange by itself and and will get replaced by WIN 10.

to make a bug-fix for WIN 8 users is beating a dead horse.
cyseal, do you means updating vcredist the problem is fixed?
If so, that version is applied only to v2.*
Yes, I couldn't run it also. I installed https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=40784
and I think vcredist 2012 update4.
Also, before installing new version 1.5.4 or 2.0.2, delete Wings3d folder and then install it.
Folder is located on Win8.1 x64 in:
C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming

Micheus, if Sergey has administration rights and Wings preferences is installed in User appdata folder,
could it be possible that User Control is blocking the program ?
I have set User control to *Never notify*.