Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Rodding Plugin ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my second rodding plugin. This one uses a UNI-BODY , manifold approach more doable with straight wings3D. I just MACRO-ed a bunch of commands and put some glue in the macro.

If you follow manifoldlab ... I've been working finsh this for a few weeks, but have babbled with manual and semi manual approaches for a long time.

This is my first real BLACK-BOX manifold geometry version of rodding that is worth trying. It lives on the edge menu and should probably be feed all edges on a manifold that is somewhat smooth.

TRY IT ... on the bunny that lives in the xtras folder (manifoldlab plugin).

http://youtu.be/tJnt7m9vIWo
Very nice and neat...
What does the geometry look like before you "1click" it ggaliens?
Before ... the geometry should be any manifold shape ... perferably somewhat "smooth" ... but more imporant ... having no extremely bent faces. Really non-flat faces alway giv BEVELs and extrudes and move normals trouble ... and are a bad idea.

So basically start with a CLEAN MESH and click it to convert the edges into RODS of a given numeric size (a default is suggested).