Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Cant get Wings3D to work on win 7 64bit.. help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi
I just downloaded and installed this program, but now I can't start it. all it says is "werl.exe has stopped working" and then that it is a problem that made it so.. I figured that out myself windows thank you very much.. what I dont know is which problem Tongue

i am running on Windows 7, home premium 64-bit..

would really like to be able to use this program and get back to modelling again.. so please help. and if this is posted in the wrong tab, you are free to move it to a more suitable one..
//Chiran
Chiran,
Welcome to the forum and hopefully Wings3D. Wings3D should work on Windows 7 64bit but I am not running on it so I can only guess that Windows 7 is preventing Erlang or Wings3D from running.

Hopefully someone else will know how to fix it. This section is probably a good place to post the question but I recommend you change the description of your post to something other than "I didn't know where to put this question"... Smile You will probably get a quicker response with something like "Can't get Wings3D to run on Windows 7 64bit". I assume that you are trying to use Wings3D 1.4.1 and not the 1.5.1 Snapshot release. You could try the 1.5.1 Snapshot release if you are having trouble with 1.4.1. Something may have been fixed in the Snapshot release... Smile

oort
I did try the 1.5.1 snapshot.. it doesnt work either
Just trying to think of something... are you sure your video card supports OpenGL? Does the Erlang window open or does nothing at all happen? If Erlang does not start maybe there is some kind of security thing in Win 7 that may need to be adjusted on your system in order to run Erlang???

oort
the window open as if it is gonna start and then it turns grey and a popup window appears and it says wrel.exe has stopped working... and I have a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5430 card...
No file around called "wings-crash.dump" or similar ? With geek-speek in it generated at crash time ? or maybe "erl_dump" ?

Look around a bit on desktop and wings folder.
Hi Chiran,

My Wings 3D 1.4.1 works perfectly with windows 7 64 bits !

Just to say that there is X86 32 bits mode with W7 64 Bits that is automatically detected !

Good luck

Ramjet
(02-18-2013, 01:55 PM)Chiran Wrote: [ -> ]all it says is "werl.exe has stopped working"
With werl.exe crashing I don't believe there is a wings-crash.dump file, but probably an erl_crash.dump. Chiran, look for it in your PC.

Did you install it in what place?
"c:\program files" or "c:\program files (x86)" or in any other place?
no such file has been created.. Sad and yes I installed it on c:\program files (x86)
Chiran, when you start the installer, there is a checkmarker for "Microsoft DLL's". Did you notice if it was unchecked? If so, try to mark it for install. (there is no problem to get many versions installed - at least, I don't have Smile)
Pages: 1 2