Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Stop selection mode from changing automatically?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just updated to latest wings, and this is seriously bugging me.

If I use spacebar to deselect everything, the selection mode changes from whatever I had set to an odd proximity-sensitive mode. Like when I'm working with objects, and deselect, suddenly clicking on things selects faces and edges instead of objects. I'm constantly having to undo, change select mode, do over, because the program changes my select mode on me.

Very irritating and I'm not seeing an option for it in preferences.
Momaw

Under Edit > Preferences > General > Highlighting > enable Conditional Deselection.

After you select either a face, edge, or vert > spacebar once to deselect and stay in face mode or other that was just selected.

After you select either a face, edge, or vert > spacebar twice to deselect and and you can choose faces, edges, or verts. Selecting objects is not available.

Most people don't move objects much. If you need to move a lot of objects keep a finger over the "b" key for quicker selection of the objects you want to move.

I hope this helps,
oort
Aaaah, thank you much, that does the trick. Missed that in the soup of options.

And I already use hotkeys extensively. Smile
My favorite option Biggrin. And it would have been nice to just click in background for deselection. Just saying...