Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Strange behaviour of the UI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Experts,

I wonder if you can help me with a strange thing that has happened with my Wings UI. When I open it up, I can't see anything beyond the right hand half of the screen. It's as if there is something that is covering that part of the screen. It only seems to be a problem with Wings as no other graphics program suffers this issue. Effectively, I'm working in half a screen which is incredibly frustrating.

I'm using Wings 1.4.1 though the problem occurs also with 1.4. I have win Xp with 2Gb Ram and dual core processor.

It used to be fine and as far as I am aware nothing has changed and the graphics all seem good.

Has anyone seen this or know of a fix?

Thanks
I'm not a hardware expert, but for sure this is due to video board driver. According the most frequent reports of this problem, usually this problem happens with on-board video devices. Other users here, more experimented in this issues, will can help you. It will help if you can report your video board, Nvidia or Radeon or intel generic on-board. If all used to be fined, probably something changed in you graphic settings... Sorry, but i cant be more useful than this...
Good point the graphics are powered by Intel mobile 965 Express Chipset family.
I think I might have a partial answer. I think the behaviour is down to paging and video memory. I checked my disk space on my lap top and discovered I had very little disk space left. This meant that there was insufficient space for paging. Once I cleared out a few gigabytes of dead weight stuff off the computer and then restarted wings, the behaviour was still there but if I then minimised and then maxed the view, the whole screen became available to me to use for Wings. (This of course only happens with wings.)

So if anyone else ever has this problem - check disk and paging space and amend and try again.