Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Need help with axis issue ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When i rotate my object , its not in alignment with centre axis (imagine a buckled wheel spinning). The only way i can centre axis is by selecting rotate and then
select rotate to target but i don't want to do that .

Update !!!

When i select "rotate" then select "normal" still have same problem ?

This time i select "rotate" and then select "default axis" , my object is now rotating on the centre axis which is what i want .
I have always used rotate then select normal , my objects would rotate on centre axis , so why now do i have to select default axis ?

I am making some alterations to my 5 spoke wheel , only working on one spoke as i will loop cut the base of the re designed spoke , make copy's and replacing the others .

Ok next problem ,

When i rotate the wheel , select Tab to enter numeric box , rotation between each spoke is about 72 degrees via eyeball , is there
a precise way of doing this ?

Last night i eventually realised 5 x 72 = 360 duh lol .
(07-17-2016, 06:21 PM)javier127 Wrote: [ -> ]I have always used rotate then select normal , my objects would rotate on centre axis , so why now do i have to select default axis ?
You shouldn't. I must work. In that linked video at 4:15 you see I doing that.

Quote:When i rotate the wheel , select Tab to enter numeric box , rotation between each spoke is about 72 degrees via eyeball , is there
a precise way of doing this ?
You can enter some math operations in the dialog. Again, in that video I linked (from that point) you would have noticed that to place the copies in the right place I just entered 360/7 - that is precise enough. Smile