Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Highlighted model parts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. So I have a WIP bridge model for a small project, and for some odd reason some parts of the model are highlighted (The supports to hold the bridge up). I'm very new to Wings3D, I came from Milkshape 3D.

Anyhow, I've tried deselecting everything (as you can see, nothing is selected). But yet it remains highlighted. I already attempted to export this into the Game engine I am using (NeoAxis) and it won't port. So something must be wrong lol. Every model that I export from Wings3D that DOESN'T had a highlighted section will work in the engine.

Thanks.

The picture is attached to this post.
Mango,
Have you set the edges of those parts to Hard? Maybe NeoAxis can't handle them. Change the edges back to Soft.... Select the objects > Chg to Edge mode > RMB > Hardness > Soft.

oort
yea.. orange edges, in the default Wings interface, means edges set to "hard".

Depending on what intermediate format you're using to get into your game engine, this will cause either "coincedent" vertices (duplicated vertices, at the same location) along those edges, or the creation of smoothing groups, either of which may be a problem for the engine.