Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] Wings3D file assoation not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Win10 x64. Looks very slick! I like the way the frames behave, much easier to organize when I move my settings from one computer to another (previously, the frames could hide each other).

Seems to work fine, but for me it won't open a .wings file from explorer. Loads the program with a fresh project instead. However, it has no problem opening the files from within Wings3D itself (through the menu). No message in the log except "Using GPU shaders."
sandman, Try the 2.1 and be sure to click/tick the default application (or whatever it is called can't remember) when you install.
2.1 works for me just tested.
I'm using the wings-x64-2.1 build. It is the default application and opens just fine when I double-click a .wings file, it just doesn't open the file. It opens Wings3D with nothing loaded.
dgud: thanks, is there any log file somewhere that would be helpful for you? As I said, the in-program log is pretty blank, and I don't see anything useful in the install folder or the data folder (just preferences in there).
sandman: It behaves the same here it is just me who can't read your bug report, so that should be solvable.
File associations.

I have Wings3d associated with .wings files. With this version I click on the wings file, the program opens , but it doesn't load the model.
oxo: already reported, also fixed see earlier page
(10-16-2016, 02:39 PM)dgud Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I'm using the wings-x64-2.1 build. It is the default application and opens just fine when I double-click a .wings file, it just doesn't open the file. It opens Wings3D with nothing loaded.

Fixed
Micheus, you don't need to log all issues from test thread I have fixed them all.

Or if you want log them as fixed, check github (though it's down right now) or my replies in that thread.