Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: How to do this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So its it the sum of the edges lengths between each new DOT which is equal ? Or is it the sum
of the as-crow-flies between dots with is equalized. I prefer the former for a first try.

I am very busy right now ... still working on Booleans things ... seeking more robust approach to hard-edges.
Lots of studies going on.
Exactly, it is the sum of the edges' length that has to be divided in equal parts...

As to the 'hard edges' in booleans... it is a very important chapter. Having them intact in the results is essentially important. Get them back please...

Also... let add the 'impression' command too to the new menu (the new separate menu idea for the booleans is very good btw)...
This is where my brain went recently ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NamPFIDh...e=youtu.be

It has a lot to do with booleans ... I hope. Time will tell.
Arraying all those cubes around in such symmetries is very nice but I am not understanding the reference according to which they become arrayed...

However, this video reminded to me the need of a 'scatter objects on surface' command too. I mean one command that makes the same work as the already existent in ML 'scatter' command but making the work for the surface of an object only and not its volume. I think it would be a proper idea to implement it as an option in the 'scatter' command dialogue tab, it would be a most proper place for such a command. As is easily understandable such a command could be needed for cases as this of a, say, beer bottle with all the sweating drops on its surface...
I too would like to be able to scatter objects on a surface. I think I have requested that before. I wanted to be able to scatter marbles on the floor... Smile

Interesting how you scattered objects in a pattern in the video. Can this be used to scatter with variables like wind and gravity?

oort
I just want to see if anyone would guess the pattern (after audio didn't record).

It is the projection of the inner objects edges extended though the bounding box.
Actually ... fairly specific and will hopefully prove useful in the boolean process for oddball reasons.

Scatter already obeys surface and had for long time. If you need to move the centroid after the fact ... should not be that big a deal.
ggaliens,
Moving the spheres away from faces so they do not penetrate the faces is no big deal as long as the ground plane is flat. However, it gets more complicated if the surface is curved as in Dimitri's beer bottle example. I think he would have to move each drop of water (sphere) separately.... Sad

oort
Trivial. Trivial. Probably already in there. But I could make it easier.

"Register to surface gradiant"
I suggest starting with this page and shape-extruder.

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/TeardropCurve.html
Pages: 1 2 3