Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: How To Get a Render back to my initial UV Map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Every body can see how wonderful are all Wings 3D objects in the Gallery in using Kerkythea or some other specialized Renders.

But it seems that it is only images shot in one direction by a camera and I don't know how to put back this beautiful textures in the original UV map of my object, in order to export the object in a living 3D simulator.

The only constraint is that I must have only one UV map per object.

If there is a possibility, and I have not yet invested to much time to learn about a specialized Render, a tutorial will be welcome!

Thanks
I may be wrong, but shouldn't the simulator 's engine process the textures settings and render them by itself?

Even using a 3d painting tool to get texture ready it will bring you a set of maps that should be used by a ender engine to reproduce what you saw while was painting.
The simulator process engine gives this results :

All 3d objects made with wings and paint with Photoshop

[Image: 230978Shot2692r.jpg]

[Image: 749530Shot2695r.jpg]

[Image: 429085Shot2694r.jpg]

[Image: 723134Shot2571.jpg]

[Image: 380615Shot2697r.jpg]

The problem is that it is not enough good when I look to the renders in the the forum.

It is probably a problem with textures materials that I don't enough master in Photoshop. Here is my question with Kerkythea.

By the way is there free 3d painting or texturing soft, the Wings 3D palette seems to be light, or I missed some important things?

Thanks for your answer Micheus.
I'm going to left my thoughts about your comments. Don't see that as a definitive answer/comment. I'm not a expert.Smile

(12-10-2016, 06:20 PM)Ramjet Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that it is not enough good when I look to the renders in the the forum.

It is probably a problem with textures materials that I don't enough master in Photoshop. Here is my question with Kerkythea.
I don't think you could get in your simulator a similar result to those produced by a dedicated render. Those images you see usually take long times to be finished and a simulator requires a real-time result. So, depending on the simulator capabilities you may get better result in some way. The texture you paint is only part of what you see as beautiful. There are a material description which will define (using image maps) how shine, translucent, detailed and other attributes you models will looking like.
Some 3D apps/game engines use PBR or PBS render system that improve a lot the quality of a image in run-time.

Quote:By the way is there free 3d painting or texturing soft, the Wings 3D palette seems to be light, or I missed some important things?
Sculptris can do that. (samples)
There is also an online tool SculptGL that can do that, but you know all these free tool are not so powerful - you need a bit of patience to get a good result. Smile
In both cases you can load an .obj file.

Just out of curiosity, what is the fly simulator you are using?
Thanks Micheus,

the answer is clear, there is no direct possibility to get back the Renders on the texture map.

The question now is: there is a possibility to get metallic textures like aluminum, steel, in a proper way, better than we can do with Photoshop, which is very limited with specular light.

I will get a look to the free soft you suggest!

The simulator is a soaring simulator, Condor and I am working on a new scenery over the Karakoram Range. It is only a hobby.

[Image: 445072Shot2652r.jpg]

I made the landscape using SRTM data and Terragen classic, and I add static props (airports runways, buildings and 3D objects) with Wings 3D.

Regards
(12-11-2016, 09:49 AM)Ramjet Wrote: [ -> ]The question now is: there is a possibility to get metallic textures like aluminum, steel, in a proper way, better than we can do with Photoshop, which is very limited with specular light.
You probably can use metal textures to improve your textures quality, but they will still have the same look. Reflex, rugosity, translucency and others are material attributes that seems to not be this simulator's focus. As I read at their site their focus is in provide a accurate/realistic fly.

I believe the best place to get a correct information is asking in their forum: http://forum.condorsoaring.com

/Micheus