Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Thumb Print ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Below please find a image of 3 boxes, one has diffuse, one has Bump map. The middle one has the mix but it also has a thumb print.

It sure as is not in the bump map

Any ideas??
http://www.orbiter.comeze.com/ScreenshotB.jpg
The link is broken.
Think link is sorted now

P.S. wow you are quick sir!!

Just tried no diff and another bump map and I still get the thumb print in exactly same place. UV map covers face 100% and has been scaled uniform so should not have any issues
That's strange.
Did tried to create the normal map from the bump one using another application like xNormal or Gimp+ Normal plugin?

It seems like the Wings3d conversion isn't right for your bump.
Try that. It's late here, so I'm come back tomorrow. Smile
Bump is a gray scale PNG made form photo in Fireworks.
Now tied new PNG made in paint.net ...... Same
saved file as BMP and applied that.......... Same
Might be with noting that the destination application uses bump maps not normal maps , Orbiter ( space Sim). So only add bump maps to the wings model.

Sorry got that wrong, bump maps are converted to normal maps... example I was looking at it not quote Normal File, just a bump file and said it was converted on the fly.
(11-30-2016, 05:19 AM)orbiter Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry got that wrong, bump maps are converted to normal maps... example I was looking at it not quote Normal File, just a bump file and said it was converted on the fly.
Yes. By now if you assign an bump map (greyscale) to Bump (NormalMap) it will be converted on the fly, if you want it as usual bump you must assign it to Bump (HeightMap).
You must also use one light/hemisphere light because that is the only one that uses normal (and bump) maps when rendering. Scene lights and Two lights ignores none diffuse textures.