Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] When Import any ps/eps file,Output error log.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thanks for check and the new file.
(12-13-2016, 12:38 PM)tkbd Wrote: [ -> ]Test EPS file is here(This file could import )
Can you send it by email, because when I copied and past in my editor to save it, when I try to import Wings3d crashes.

As I can read at the source only this commands are supported: moveto, lineto, curveto.
I sent you a mail.
Best regards.
Hi tkbd, here is the result I was able to get by using all the files and informations you provided me. Thanks for that. Smile

[Image: EPS-importer_zps24fcb3c9.png]

It's hard when a supposedly standard should be kept into the files and we discover how messed the file content is for each creator. Angry

I tried to fix the importer by focusing in Adobe Illustrator, but I could make it read files created by OfficeLibrary and Inkscape.
The content in OfficeLibrary was creating the ALL the objects Inverted, that was easy to workaround, but Inkscape for some reason results in some objects normal and other Inverted - so, not way to fix that. User must to separate them and apply Invert to those objects. Also, the Stroke and Fill shapes seems to have inverted Y coordinates that results in the "mirrored" objects that I can't remove. For the other creators, both are overlapped and then I could remove the duplicates.

The scale and translate information if available in the files will be used, but I still kept the internal Wings3D scale factor of 0.01.

I hope you could take a better look on it. Some of those files with a single object you sent me doesn't work. The Inkscape one doesn't have the proper tokens to define the object, so we can build it.

The Affinity and Scribus creators don't generate valid files, so we are not to import them. Eventually a file would be read, but there is no guaranty for this.

The files for download are here
Micheus,Thank you very much for your hard work!!
This is a big leap for users of other tools. Biggrin
I hope that new synergistic workflo by each applications will appear.

Micheus Wrote:but Inkscape for some reason results in some objects normal and other Inverted - so, not way to fix that. User must to separate them and apply Invert to those objects. Also, the Stroke and Fill shapes seems to have inverted Y coordinates that results in the "mirrored" objects that I can't remove. For the other creators, both are overlapped and then I could remove the duplicates.

I'm going to test makes SVG files for import to updated plugin.
and going to more investigate to SVG objects structure in Inkscape.
Then recently heard that Inkscape v 0.92.1 and LibreOffiece 5.3 was released.
So testing maybe take times a little.
----------------------
tkbd
(02-24-2017, 02:32 PM)tkbd Wrote: [ -> ]and going to more investigate to SVG objects structure in Inkscape.
Then recently heard that Inkscape v 0.92.1 and LibreOffiece 5.3 was released.
So testing maybe take times a little.
No worries.
That link you sent me to plot charts helped a lot. I check the coordinates and it's interesting that there are really different Y coordinates for every pair of objects - causing the mirrored objects (stroke and fill).
I couldn't find any parameter that could tell me about the inversion and then I couldn't revert it.
I rebuilt the test data and reduce decorative data and added overlap Shapes.
This includes compound paths and paths that are not.
[Image: result_ss_zpsdbugoxuy.jpg]

[attachment=489]

(This forum can't attach eps file, so I attached wings file).
So, Micheus,I will send you the new test data later
Probably it will be wonderful if some problems are fixed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
The case that solid shape.( Only shapes which hasn't holes.)
(It is Edge Bisection = 0 case
LibreOffice Draw and Illustrator is OK.

Inkscape :
  • All object were upside down.
  • Someobject which using carve operator only shape are inverted.
    (for example C and あ and The rectangle that four sides are bending to inside itself.)
If body > invert command apply to objects with hole(s),became similar geomerty state of Illustrator's one.
The case that object has holes( = overlapped shape).

LibreOffice Draw: The object of the hole is realized (and inverted).
Inkscape: some object are inverted.
I checked these paths how drawn it element using with Illustrator.
Test objects can be categorized in this way.
  • Alpha: A and 亜 contains line operator only.
  • Beta: B contains line and curve operator.
  • Gamma: C and あ contains curve operator only.
Only in the Gamma group, inversion of face occurs.

Although it seems complicated at first glance,
I organized the problem subjects in a following order.
  1. Fix Upside down objects placed for Inkscape EPS
  2. Fix to Inverted shape that using CURVE OPERATOR ONLY for Inkscape EPS
  3. Fix to Missing outer one of a hole-ed object. in libre office draw EPS
  4. Generate correctly of a hole-ed object for all EPS.

Regarding edge of the bisections problem, I won't handle it this time.
Because including it will make the problem more confusing. @_@
----------------
tkbd
tkbd, here is the best result I could reach with the changes I did to the plugin code.

Inkscape files are the most hard to find workaround for its issues and as I told you by email, I don't want to make the code too ugly and hard for maintenance just to try support these malformed files.

The oldest test files:
[Image: EPS-import-1_zps772dbba8.png]
the up side down objects are present because Inkscape seems to include data for stroke and fill that way. I left it as it is then user easily will see the double objects - by using Separate the user can remove the unwanted objects. Or, he/she can just export the stroke or fill - not both.

LibreOffice issues were fixed and it looks better now:
[Image: EPS-import-2_zpse27550e7.png]
The holes for the simple elements in the Illustrator object aren't defined as for the character on top (that is the way wpc_tt module works with) and I cannot guess what is or not a hole.
As result, they are translated as two closed objects. The user will need to fix that by using boolean operation that should be available soon.

It was added some validations so the user should not get any crash with this update and get a better feedback about any importation issue. (I hope so Smile)
Micheus,Thank you very much!!,
EPS importing was very long and hard works.

Code:
I continued testing with the newer EPS exporter.
For Inkscape, data including 3Dglyph's outlines are more import successful with EPS than SVG.
Before , In Inkscape & SVG export,I had to always care whether shapes and text contours were composed of closed Path tags.:o

And,there is one thing I noticed.
The source of the common EPS test data were created by Illustrator.
I should be noticed it earlier...

([b]Edited:[/b] To be precise, it converts EPS from SVG data. )

[b] [/b]Adobe Illustratorcreate automatically an rectangle which size same as page size when [b] SVG [/b] exorting. (Edited: EPS-->SVG)
But,[b]Inkscape and Libre Office Draw[/b] doesn't create to the rectangle when EPS export.

So, when creating a perforated object or 3D glyph with Inkscape and Libreoffice,[b] the outer object which has the hole would missing[/b].

([b]Edited:[/b] To be precise, it converts EPS from SVG data. )

Currently,the way to avoid it for User side,before save eps data in Inkscape & LibreOffice,Please enclose the entire artwork by a rectangle object as same as the page size.

Perhaps if solve it, I think that any of them can be appear with similar results in Geomery window.

I'm also looking forward to the release of the Boolean commands.

(Edit :
If that EPS file(not converted) which initially made by Inkscape or Libreoffice,it had the rectangle of Page Size won't be created.
I apologize for it being confusing to explain...

In any case,it comes to stage that necessary for verification and tests by other people.
I think maybe the time for release now.
Micheus,thanks again!)

-------
Additional :
I received and tried a new wpc_ps.beam.
The problem I had written previous were solved Biggrin

And...For edge bisections, LibreOffice and Illustrator are working well.
Glyphs with holes are also reproduced.
Only the case of Inkscape it must be set bisection = 0.

And,there was one problem with Inkscape.
Rectangle object isn't recognized
(Error message: Ps import failed: File mismatch or doesn't have vailed paths).
This caused by "re" operator in Inkscape's EPS.(Perhaps "re" means REctangle)

Also,I have confirmed your newest wpc_ps.erl source with Github.
In there,I coudn't found a parser for "re" operator.

So,I sent to you e-mail for the details.
------------
tkbd
(04-05-2017, 01:44 PM)tkbd Wrote: [ -> ]And,there was one problem with Inkscape.
Rectangle object isn't recognized
(Error message: Ps import failed: File mismatch or doesn't have vailed paths).
This caused by "re" operator in Inkscape's EPS.(Perhaps "re" means REctangle)

Also,I have confirmed your newest wpc_ps.erl source with Github.
In there,I coudn't found a parser for "re" operator.
Ok. As I replied in your email, I saw that and the "re" is a kind of 'macro' - it's not present in other EPS file's creators. So, I had decided to not try translate that, but I could to do that without mess up to much with the code.

Here is the result with your test files:
[Image: inkscape-3_zps5714418b.png]
Micheus,Thank you update!
I sent an e-mail a couple of days ago (probably you know it).
I think that the report is the last for.
It's close to the day when this topic becomes [fixed].
---------
tkbd
Pages: 1 2 3