Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Constrain options?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when i'm moving an adjacent vert,
or basically just rotating it around it's neighbor,
is there a way to constrain it so that it's connected edge retains it's length?

i see some axis constraint options.

trying to curve some verts around a tree trunk, starting from an image plane.

can't post a screenshot, used up all my allocated attachment usage

Smile
Thanks
(03-18-2013, 06:19 PM)Misty Wisty Wrote: [ -> ]can't post a screenshot, used up all my allocated attachment usage
Use some free hosting - as ImageShack. Wink
<< used up all my allocated attachment usage >>
upload the needed images to imageshack.us (or another free image host), get the link and post it here at forum.

<< when i'm moving an adjacent vert,
or basically just rotating it around it's neighbor,
is there a way to constrain it so that it's connected edge retains it's length? >>

a. select the vert to be rotated
b. click on Rotate with RMB (rotate around an axis)
c. pick an edge adjacent to the "neighbour" vertice
d. execute

The first vertice will rotate around the second one keeping the edge lengh between them intact.

There is no way to perform this by using Move variants.

"Constraints" in Wings work to limit the number of units, degrees, etc an operation performs (for example, rotate in increments of 15 degrees).
will do! thanks.

when i extruded the plane into a cube, well you know what happened to the image on sides, lol. looks like warp drive.

rotating the sides of the plane should work better
Yes that is it... you are trying to model with image planes. That is not the way Wings3D is meant to be used... Wings3D is a box modeler. Start with a Cube or other primitive. Then model your tree. Then after you have finished modeling your tree add the textures for the bark.

Not saying what you are doing is impossible, since I have never tried but I don't think it can be done... Sad

I use Photobucket for my free image hosting.

oort