Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Alignment questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:
(05-30-2017, 10:15 AM)Mr_Ekshin Wrote: [ -> ]Shell extrude wouldn't work for me. The ship is a virtual mirror, and only extruded on the opposite side. So I guess shell isn't for a mirrored build.
Shell Extrude produce another object, so it doesn't "work" for for mirror. But, seriously? Couldn't you work in the "real" side of the object? It would be a temporary element - a helper only.

OMG you're right! This made me slap my forehead. I can't believe I got so wrapped up in mirroring all actions, I didn't realize I only need my guides to be on one side! Doh!
Regarding my question #1: I've come up with a 2-step method (based on what you have taught me here) that nails the solution exactly as I wanted, to mil-spec accuracy.

I was writing up a tutorial for it, to cover the topic for other new people. My question is, should I make a thread for it as an example, or drop it *here*? If it's here, I don't think anyone would see it. Especially mixed in with the other 5 questions in this thread.

Where are example tutorials supposed to go?

Ek.
(06-08-2017, 09:54 AM)Mr_Ekshin Wrote: [ -> ]I was writing up a tutorial for it, to cover the topic for other new people. My question is, should I make a thread for it as an example, or drop it *here*? If it's here, I don't think anyone would see it. Especially mixed in with the other 5 questions in this thread.

Where are example tutorials supposed to go?
If you have (or found) a Wings3D tutorial hosted in another place (site) you can make a post and link it at the Collection of Tutorials. If you want to write the entire tutorial in our forum, you can create a dedicated thread for that in this session (Interface & Usage) using a clear subject (title). For more detailed tutorials (a step-by-step) you can use the How To

All these options are under Interface & Usage.
Pages: 1 2