Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: wings 2.1.6 released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Much have been rewritten, if it used the standard plugin api it should still work, if it used
wings internal data, it may not work any longer without being rewritten.

Most of the large re-writes where done a year ago (and by Björn) so it's hard to give any
clues.
Hi,

It is any roadmap for booleans and rounded bevel?

Thanks
I put an awful lot of hours into booleans last year, but I just couldn't make it good enough to include it
in the release. Which is why I took a 9 month wings vacation.

One day I might take a look at that code again...or include it in some beta-form..
Wow. Is this the reason why mlab uses an external library?
Thank you
Excellent work as always, thank you!

I will be hopeful for future booleans. It's the one feature I find myself wishing for. Thankfully I can load up a manifoldlabs version to do it, but it breaks up the workflow and there have been a number of advances to the core branch not available there, so I tend to switch back and forth.
I subscribe sandman.
I often design low-poly robot model, and boolean are very useful for that... furthermore, I print PLA mold to make the finished product in epoxy resin, so I need the subtraction like air.

Just a question: why not using the same manifold lab approach? I mean, use the same external library to make the intersection?
Or translate the library in Erlang?

I'm a big big fan of wings 3d, it's lightspeed compared to blender.
I'd like to contribute to the project, I have quite good skills like programmer, even if I'm involved only in businnes software (it's my work) but I sometimes play with 3d library (panda, irrlicht, urho3d, javafx 3d)..
If wigs3d project leader has some idea to use my good will, I would be happy!
mygrandmawheels the current boolean code is on a branch on my github account,
so just start working. :-)

Or on other things you think are currently broken/missing, more coders is always welcomed.
Ok! I hope I'm not so simpleton to approach a code bigger than me, but I'll try!
First, I start to learn Erlang... (whoops!!)
I've tested the new release a bit and I can report that the geometry window performance with high polygon counts is much improved over the previous release. Almost as good as 1.5.4, so kudos on that!

However, 2.1.6 cannot handle scene light(s) with high polygon counts at all; It gets extremely laggy and choppy.
Pages: 1 2 3