Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: How to specify exact move/extrude amount
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm coming back to using Wings3D after being out of practice for a long while, I seem to recall having been able to pull up a modal to specify an exact amount to extrude/move and that sort of thing. I can't remember how I used to do that, can anyone give me the menu to go through or preferably the keyboard shortcut to bring that up?
Apocalypse,
After you specify Extrude/Move > specify direction > Tab to enter the distance.

You can also select a face > RMB > Absolute Commands > Move > enter distance.

oort
Hey oort, thanks for your response! Glad to see you're around still, I remember you from when I was learning the first time around.

Tab absolutely does it, it seems like it comes up after the second tab, but it works regardless and was precisely the dialog I was looking for, thank you!
Apocalypse,
You are welcome. Glad that gave you what you were looking for. Also glad you are back to using Wings3D. I don't have time for using Wings3D lately but I am always checking the forum to see what is going on. That is strange that you have to hit tab twice. If it continues to do that, you may want to post a bug report in the bug reports section for the latest release. I look forward to seeing your 3d models in the forum.

oort