Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Default Image Render Folder Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know how to set-up a default rendered image folder as a permanent preference?

Right now my default folder is the Wings 3D program folder under Program Files in Windows XP.

Every time I do a render, I have to switch to another folder without spaces in it, due to the YafaRay issue of not wanting to render to a folder path with any spaces in the name.

I have searched the interface for such a setting, but no luck. Perhaps I can't find it, as I am admittedly a complete beginner with this program.

Any help is appreciated.
megallag65,
Glad you have YafaRay working now. I hope to be able to remove the space in names limitation soon.

There is no option to set the default location for rendered files. I think that if you save a file in a different folder and then render to that folder, from then on that folder will be the default.

oort
Hi oort,

Thanks for your hard work by the way. I look forward to your next version of YafaRay! As for your suggestion, I tried it but no luck with that option. Now I'm ready to roll up my sleaves and get to work learning!

megallag65

(03-30-2013, 01:11 AM)oort Wrote: [ -> ]megallag65,
Glad you have YafaRay working now. I hope to be able to remove the space in names limitation soon.

There is no option to set the default location for rendered files. I think that if you save a file in a different folder and then render to that folder, from then on that folder will be the default.

oort
Just to clarify I am only responsible for the Wings3D Plugin for YafaRay... Smile

I tried doing a test and when I save a .wings file to a folder the default location for the rendered file is always the same as the location of the .wings file. Saving the .wings file to another folder changes the default to the new folder. Strange that it does not work for you... Sad

oort
oort, I believe that his project is saved in a folder with spaces. After choose Render we always are driven to save in the same project dir. Maybe because of that "space" issue he is changing the destination dir all the time.

I'll continue answering in the Yafaray thread: post
I bet he is saving his files under something like My Documents...

Something I should probably do but never got in the habit of doing... Smile Sad The spaces issue definitely needs fixing... Smile

oort
I have updated the plugin with the fix for the problem with spaces in file names and folder names. It is ready for download. Thanks again to Micheus for helping to fix this.

oort
Thanks for your work on resolving this issue oort and micheus.

I will update YafaRay as soon as possible. As for where I was saving my renders, it was in a Wings3D directory under Program Files which has a space in the name as we know. I had not even got to the point of actually saving a project yet. I was just doing quick test renders to get a feel for the render process. Again, good work guys! Now if only I had paid attention to the special notes and details . . . . . ; )

megallag65

(04-01-2013, 05:40 PM)oort Wrote: [ -> ]I have updated the plugin with the fix for the problem with spaces in file names and folder names. It is ready for download. Thanks again to Micheus for helping to fix this.

oort