Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Preferences causes app to crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(11-07-2018, 07:02 PM)OneManStanding Wrote: [ -> ]Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_250db833a1cd577e\igdrclneo64.dll
I tried to check for what this would be used and I found that it is an Intel Graphic driver (igdr) related to OpenCL (cl).

If you have another graphic card other than the Intel onboard - and is intending to be using it - then the tip in this post at GeForce forum may help you too.
I'm using the nvidia gtx 1060 6GB for my two monitors. I uninstalled the intel graphics driver as the post suggested, but wings still quits when I try to use the preferences.

Thanks anyway, I didn't think you were still trying to solve the issue!

Really, thanks Smile
(11-20-2018, 02:46 PM)OneManStanding Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks anyway, I didn't think you were still trying to solve the issue!
I think you didn't payed attention to my user title near to my avatar: Wings3d bug hunter. Smile

That is what I'm doing.
Because the file is related to OpenCL and the Preferences dialog check for for it in order to enable the OpenCL proxy level, that can still be a driver issue or a Wings3D bug.

But, OK. No worries. I'm going to wait for someone else to complain about this same problem. Thanks.
If it helps, would you need to know anything more specific about my system?
Windows 10, Wings 3D 2.2.1

I started messing with preferences, then Wings 3D wouldn't open. Deleting the preferences allows Wings 3D to start.

What actually is causing the issue, in my case, by process of elimination — was not a preference window control, but creating a shortcut to the preference window (Ctrl+K, like Adobe).
I've deleted my preferences a couple of times over, is all I can say. I have no personal shortcuts in use, not even control-D for put on ground.

Wings remains entirely usable, but simply clicking on the preferences cogwheel or going by the edit menu causes the app to straight crash - no error message or log file generated.

It must just be something to do with my PC - a clash somewhere between something and something else. It'll probably be solved when I get my next pc some point this year.

Thanks anyway, Smile
Further to this issue, following a Windows 10 update, I can now access the options freely Smile
Thanks for the updates.
Pages: 1 2