Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Uninstall issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Uninstall of Wings3D: OS: Win7 64

I did a stupid thing inadvertently made the text and preference background color both black by mistake after happy hour Sad

So I did an uninstall, and reinstall of newer: wings-1.5.0.2013-02-10---11-57.mlab.exe

Discovered that uninstall does not delete the following:

User/Name/Application Data/Wings3D folder: in which still resides my Old Preferences.txt file ...argh!

I understand the uninstall procedure would not know the Name of the Computer user.
Which then leads to the question: Why not place the Wings3D folder under the install dir, so everything gets deleted. when the user does an uninstall.
(03-30-2013, 06:12 PM)yaak Wrote: [ -> ]I understand the uninstall procedure would not know the Name of the Computer user.
unistall doesn't know about that place because it doesn't install it. It's created first time you start Wings3d.

Quote:Which then leads to the question: Why not place the Wings3D folder under the install dir.
Probably because you can have a security issues under Windows (where it is used to be installed under "c:\program files" folder).
Also, think about to uninstall an older version - for install a new one - and discover that all your settings were lost...
It's easier you go there and delete it by knowing what you are doing. (I think)

p.s.: Just to inform - as you are new here - ManifoldLab version of Wings is not a offical distribution of Wings3d. There is a proper place in this forum to make questions about it ManifoldLab Plug-ins Collection.
Mixing things can confuse other new users. Wink
I know its a double sided issue. I was thinking about the novice user. Regardless I'm thankful I don't have to remove stuff from the registry. Smile