Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [solved] Immediately crashed after Start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm on WIN 7 64 Pro, 32 GB RAM, GTX 560 Nvidia.
When I install 2.2.1 with all the default paths and settings I get no Crash.dump file, so I can't provide more information on that. I doubleclick on the desktop icon, Wings started and immediately shut down.

When I install on a user defined path I get a crash.dump file (attached here), and the behaviour is the same, start and shut down in 1 sec.

Thanks for looking at!
Thanks for the dump file.
It's something related to the wings_cl module (access to OpenCl stuff).
You may try to edit your preferences file and include a line with this: {cl_type,cpu};

That way, maybe you can load Wings3D for testing until we check what is happening. By default Wings3D will use the option gpu.
You could try to update your graphic drivers on that machine,
and please report back if that helps.

Otherwise I will have to do a workaround for that, a Nvidia-560 should definitely work.
Hi,
I updated the graphics driver as you suggested. That doesn't help. The crash took place as before.

But after changing the graphic card to a newer model GTX 1060 (which was necessary anyway) with the corresponding drivers the program starts without hassle.

Thanks for all!

Best Wishes, Paul
Thanks for the feedback.