Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Yafaray render background always renders black
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using wings-2.1.7 and Yafaray 3.3.0 plugin on Windows 10 64bit. When I set the background color in Render...->Yafaray...Yafaray Render Options it always renders black.
I'm not the expert in Yafaray render/plugin, so I cannot to affirm this is a bug, but if you disable the Transp Refraction, in Yafaray Render Options dialog, then it's going to do what you want.
Thanks! That worked.
I cannot remember which YafaRay version it was but they changed something in the code that causes this problem.

Micheaus,
Can you change the default to off to avoid this problem. It has been so long since I have had time to play with Wings3D and YafaRay, I don't remember if there is a time when having that set to on provides any benefit.

oort
(01-26-2019, 08:21 AM)oort Wrote: [ -> ]Micheaus,
Can you change the default to off to avoid this problem. It has been so long since I have had time to play with Wings3D and YafaRay, I don't remember if there is a time when having that set to on provides any benefit.
Sure, I can.
Thanks, that would be great. I think Alpha Background may be broken using that version of YafaRay. I have done several tests and cannot get it to work. Like I said, it has been a while since I have done any work on this. I will have to do some research to figure out what needs to be done to get that working again.

I think that Alpha Background will work if you use YafaRay version E1.0.1 which was an experimental version. I will have to research more later.

Thanks again,
oort
After further testing it looks like you have to go back to YafaRay versions prior to E1.0.0 (year 2016) to use transparent backgrounds. Look for versions in the 0.1.99 range.

oort