Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Not a bug, question about installing patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy folks, after reading dgud's comment above and downloading the patch micheus linked to, I have a question. I see a menu option to install plugins from inside the GUI, but no feature to install a patch.

My solution was to download the patch and install it manually in the wings-2.2.2/patches directory. Is this correct? I'm the administrator on my Win10 PC so permissions were not an issue. I'm assuming any code placed in the /patches directory overwrites any pre-existing .beam file in /ebin.

Cheers.
(02-05-2019, 04:14 PM)SiriusCG Wrote: [ -> ]I see a menu option to install plugins from inside the GUI, but no feature to install a patch.
Yes, we have that option to plugins and - by now - it requires the plugin to be distributed packed in .tar format.
The option to use the patch exists, but it requires a path folder to be added to the Patches folder under user's folder (not the one under Wings3D's install folder) and then we get a menu option to enable it under Edit menu .

Quote:My solution was to download the patch and install it manually in the wings-2.2.2/patches directory. Is this correct?
As you read above, no.

In spite of dgud doesn't like the way I've doing it (as you read there), until we get these stuff to working better that is the way I few comfortable to make the patches available.

So, to apply that update - as you are under Win10 - you just need to follow the sample I put there. The base path is under the path in which Wings3D was installed and for each patch item I add at the end of the line the <sub-folder\beam file> which needs to be replaced.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers.
Micheus it's ok you are providing patches as you do today.
I just think it's an area we can improve in wings to make it better.