Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Image opacity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks I am trying to use an image as a guide for modelling. I have reduced the opacity to 0.1 and assigned it to selected but it doesn’t change the opacity.

Ahh i can see through it in smooth shading. Is there a way to make the less opaque in normal view?
(02-21-2019, 08:48 PM)Billy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi folks I am trying to use an image as a guide for modelling. I have reduced the opacity to 0.1 and assigned it to selected but it doesn’t change the opacity.
Again, no visual information about what are you doing and which version of Wings3D you are using - which I believe it's not the latest one since we have a bug in the transparency settings.

I understood you added a reference image to the workspace and you are trying to make it transparent. That isn't the usual approach as I know. Usually you would like the object being modelled to be translucent, so you can see the reference image through it.
In this situation, yes, you cannot see though the object in Flat shader mode. You can choose to model the object in wire frame mode or you can choose the smooth shading [TAB] and adding the wireframes back [W].

Quote:Is there a way to make the less opaque in normal view?
No.
Sorry it’s 2.1.7 I think. Another question then patches? How do I do them and do I do all of them? Do I just swap the new for old in the folder? There was something stated in a patches post about paths ,could you explain?