Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] Image Plane Transparent Backfaces broken in 2.2.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When creating an Image Plane with Transparent Backfaces enabled the user could see through the image plane when viewing the plane from the back and see the image when viewed from the front in smooth preview. Now when using the Transparent Backfaces option the image does not display when viewed from the front or the back in smooth preview mode. This feature was still working in the 2.2.1 version.

Just noticed I had never installed and tested the 2.2.2 version. The bug is not present in 2.2.2 either.
Hmm I have changed how we render transparency in smooth preview 2.2.3.
But a simple test worked fine for me.
(03-01-2019, 03:06 AM)oort Wrote: [ -> ]When creating an Image Plane with Transparent Backfaces enabled the user could see through the image plane when viewing the plane from the back and see the image when viewed from the front in smooth preview. Now when using the Transparent Backfaces option the image does not display when viewed from the front or the back in smooth preview mode.
It seems to be working fine for me too:

Quote:The bug is not present in 2.2.2 either.
Yes, but there were two which was fixed (see background image in Ortho.. and the dither shader in Perspec.. ):

I'm sending you this wings file so you can check it in your setup.
Thanks for checking the file oort.

Yes. It seems we have a problem which the workaround - by now - is that you need to switch the Work mode [TAB]. After that, doing Smooth Preview [Shift+Tab] will not be a problem.
Thanks for figuring out why I was having a problem. Yes, using Tab fixes the problem.

Thanks,
oort
It was fixed and will be available in the next release. Thanks.
Micheus,
Thanks for fixing it.

oort