Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [closed] Splash Screen contest (Apr/2019) - Guidelines [updated]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Specific rules
  • It must to be made entirely in Wings3D (but, you can use any image software to create the textures);
  • You can use old works or make completely new ones. Avoid to create many variations of the same work;
  • Submissions must to include two images: 1) a screenshot of your work in Flat shader mode (any size; use the option Tools->ScreenShot for that); 2) the splash screen image with size of 620x348 (16:9 aspect ratio; The image can be a screenshot of the Geometry window, but respecting that dimensions);
  • The rendered image must not to include any Wings3D's logo and it must be in PNG format;
  • A minor post production is allowed, like a background inclusion, color adjustment, but you are not allowed to include other elements in the scene in this step;
  • The winner will be chosen by the forum's users in a dedicated poll;
  • The winner image will be seen on the Wings3D splash screen as soon as the next version be released after the voting has been ended.
General rules
  • You need a registered user to participate. You can use it to manage your submissions;
  • All uploaded images must be either Public Domain or licensed under the GPL-2 (with “or later” option);
  • Any upload made after the deadline will not be eligible for the voting;
  • The images must to be uploaded to an image host since the forum doesn't provide enough room for that;
  • You are allowed to update any render as you wish before the contest deadline;
  • There is no prize to be claimed. The winner image will be shown on the Wings3D"s splash screen.

The contest deadline is 11:59 pm (EST) on April 20th, 2019

Lets keep this thread clean! Post here only your questions about the contest;
The entries must be made in this thread: Splash Screen contest (Apr/2019) - Entries
So... we cannot render the 3D object or scene with an external renderer or can we ?
(04-03-2019, 03:46 PM)Extrudeface Wrote: [ -> ]So... we cannot render the 3D object or scene with an external renderer or can we ?
Yes you can. Maybe I should to rewrite that red part.

We require the project (scene) to be done using Wings3D - that is why we require a screenshot; But, you can render it outside Wings3D since it doesn't have a native render - although we would to appreciate the use of PBR materials. :-)

What we wouldn't to avoid is elements created by other software than Wings3D. If you go to Blender, Maya, 3DS, ... , then use just the render engine. Don't go to Sculptris, ZBrush, .. to sculpt.

If someone has any doubt, just ask here. Smile
Hi micheus, nice idea!

so if I got you correctly we can submit as many entries as we want, right? Do the submission need to be textured?
(04-04-2019, 09:49 AM)gap Wrote: [ -> ]so if I got you correctly we can submit as many entries as we want, right? Do the submission need to be textured?
Yes, as many as you want, but avoid to entry variations of the same scene (it's no forbidden, but it would be nice the community have different options to chose Smile).

About textures, it's not mandatory. We know we can see nice works without them.
The community will decide which image will be used in the next splash screen, then you need to get their attention. Wink
Okay, thank you for your answers Smile
It looks like it's a better idea I show how the splash screen will looks like. Here the prototype I made using Gimp:
[Image: About-Dialog-layout.png]

So, pay attention to the dimensions because you work should to look good in that size we need. Smile
Specific Rules
From: Submissions must to include a screenshot of your work in Flat shader mode and the splash screen image with size of 620x348 (16:9 aspect ratio; The image can be a screenshot of the Geometry window, but respecting that dimensions);
To: Submissions must to include two images: 1) a screenshot of your work in Flat shader mode (any size); 2) the splash screen image with size of 620x348 (16:9 aspect ratio; The image can be a screenshot of the Geometry window, but respecting that dimensions);

To: A minor post production is allowed, like a background inclusion, color adjustment, but it's not allowed to include other elements in the scene in this step;
can I add my logo in any part of the model?
can I add my email or web address on the model?

something like: marcone.pl (hello@marcone.pl)

BR, Hank
(04-12-2019, 05:50 PM)Hank Wrote: [ -> ]something like: marcone.pl (hello@marcone.pl)
Sure you can do something like this. The credit for the image will always be yours.
Just try to make it proportional to the image (the attention must to be on the image) and put in a corner on the bottom. Smile
Pages: 1 2