Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [closed] Splash Screen contest (Apr/2019) - Entries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Only the contest entries must be posted here - no questions.
Please check the contest rules first: Splash Screen contest (Apr/2019)

...and don't forget, the contest deadline is 11:59 pm (EST) on April 20th, 2019. After that the poll will be stated.
Just to get the ball rolling, here is a model render.
sandman, it's a nice model, but please pay attention to the roles for a valid entry.
Okay then, what am I missing?

It must to be made entirely in Wings3D (but, you can use any image software to create the textures); Check.
You can use old works or make completely new ones. Avoid to create many variations of the same work; Check.
Submissions must to include a screenshot of your work in Flat shader mode and the splash screen image with size of 620x348 (16:9 aspect ratio; The image can be a screenshot of the Geometry window, but respecting that dimensions); I don't know what "flat shader mode" is, I don't play with the internal view settings much. Image size is check.
The rendered image must not to include any Wings3D's logo and it must be in PNG format; Check.
No post production allowed; The only "post-processing" is putting the two images side by side. Perhaps this is what you don't like?
OK. It looks like I was expecting you were entering two images. One for the mesh (no size limitation) and a final one (this one respecting the size I informed).
Definitely, I need to review that sentence. Blush

Anyway, an entry like this can be valid.
Okay, thanks for having another look. As I mentioned in my first post, I just wanted to get the ball rolling since nobody had posted anything yet. If you decide you like the model but not the composition of the image, that is only a minor issue; I am not such an "artist" that I think I have created a perfect image. It can easily be lighter, darker, rendered with a different color background, etc.

If some post processing of the image is allowed, I think a neat visual effect might be to have a fade from mesh to model to final render. Just something to think about.
Nice model sandman!

Here is my entry: a low poly model of a barrage balloon, similar to the ballons used during WWII by the British for blocking low-level air raids:

I think this was actually my first decent project, entirely modelled using Wings3D. I hope you like it. I might post more entries, but I wish to see the works of other Wings users first Smile
I like it! The low poly count of your model actually makes it look more realistic because it does a good job of representing the stitching you get with a cloth balloon.
(04-07-2019, 05:13 AM)ismacou Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Micheus, Is this correct?
Yes, it's OK. Smile
Pages: 1 2