Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Center & Align Tools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a question about theses tools.

I made a lot of tests with 1.5.4 to 2.2.4 with one or 2 or 3 cubes, with all the different options (ie, All, X, Y, Z, Radials X, Radial Y, Radial Z).

Apparently the Align Tools woks correctly in Object, Face, Edge or Vertex Mode, with 2 or 3 cubes with any selection on each cubes. The geometric Center is moved to the correct value (tested with Absolute Command).

But the Center Mode woks correctly only in Object Mode with one or several cubes.
When You select one face on one cube, Center tools works apparently as it was in Object Mode.
It gives the same result, as it was in object mode, and it is false with All, and one direction, depending of the selected face.

Idem, when you select one face on each cube.

It is a little bit disappointing.

Is that the correct way of Center Tools' work?

Regards
As far as I know it works that way.
Absolute command->Move can help in some cases.
But, surely we can try to improve it.
Hi Micheus,

Your answer was very helpful to clarify the difference between "Align" and "Center" tools and show that my understanding about it were correct.

To do the job, that is to Center faces of several objects on the same plane.

First I align the faces of several objects with the "Align" Tool and then with an Absolute Command with "Move Object" notched I can easily obtain the wanted specific centring on faces for any options (All,X,Y,Z radialX, radialY, Radial Z). Using after Align, the Center Tools will give other different and interesting centrings with aligned faces.

Thanks a lot

Regards