Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: My fitst Wings3D work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, here my first Wings3D work.
Sny critique is appreciated.
Rendered in blender Cycles, little post process in Gimp.
I would have liked to post some screenshot but forum says I cannot upload more than 300Kb... Strange
Cheers
(08-19-2019, 01:38 PM)claus82 Wrote: [ -> ]I would have liked to post some screenshot but forum says I cannot upload more than 300Kb... Strange
claus82, thanks for sharing your work with us.
Yes, always as possible add a wireframe (screenshot) too, so we can see the work you did using Wings3D. Smile
The forum doesn't provide us much space for attachment. It's intended to allow us to attach crash dump files (wings_crash.dump).

To share images we recommend users to use a image provider - they provide a preview, but you also can link a image to your dropbox, google drive, ....
I have been using https://postimages.org/, but there are others. Smile

(08-19-2019, 01:38 PM)claus82 Wrote: [ -> ]Sny critique is appreciated.
As you asked... Smile
There is no much to say about the work at Wings3D since we don't have the wireframe version to evaluate, but it seems to be OK.

About the material and render (they are Blender related) I would to say that since the image suggest the hydrant isn't new the aged effect isn't convencent - we don't see rust but, gray "spots". (but, that can be a kind of mud splashed on it and then it may be OK)
Also, as its base is hitting the floor it is looking too clean - mainly considering the floor is very wet and dirty - I would to spect to get the hydrant more "connected" to the floor by some kind of mud or moss.

I tend to try see these kind of scenes more from the realist viewpoint, so do not take it much in account. Wink
Thanks micheus!

Quote: I tend to try see these kind of scenes more from the realist viewpoint, so do not take it much in account. Wink
Well, I believe it is helpful instead!
Cheers, next work I know how to proceed! Wink
Nice work Claus. Keep it up!
Thanks. I just purchased your book about W3D, I am pretty sure it will help.
Cheers!