Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Stability of Versions (Q&A)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hello fellow users of Wings 3D. I am creating this thread to get feedback on the different releases of the application we all know and love; Wings 3D. In my experience, there have been some really good stable releases, and just a few which were called stable releases, but had some undesirable glitches which made them useless to the projects I wished to do.

Currently I am using version 2.1.5; an admittedly older release, but one that has served me quite well thus far. This is because I skipped over 2.1.6 to 2.1.7, which turned out to be glitchy beyond what I was willing to put up with. So I returned to the one that was the most stable for me, which I am currently using now.

I am sure that later versions are very stable, but to keep from downloading and installing yet another unstable release (which eats away at my work schedule), I would rather ask the following questions of fellow users:
Which, after my current version, are the most stable releases of Wings 3D?
What are the best new additions to the tools and features of each version?
What is the version you are currently using, and why?
Which version is the best of all that have been released to date?
How stable is the latest stable release?

In addition to the above questions, I would like to read about your thoughts concerning Wings 3D; such as how much you enjoy using it, how you got started with this modeling program, and what you think about the way it works. Also, if it is allowable, and I see no reasons why it wouldn't be, post links here to things like the latest tutorials (easy to follow, please), and detailed features and tools list with a rundown on how each works.

Let's try to make this thread a good jump off point to help from multiple sources.

Thank you,
Agent-0013