Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: custom hdri?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I couldn't find an answer, is it possible to load a custom hdri as ambient light?
I've notice that when I change the material to metal and lower the roughness the body reflect an hdri.
A second question, what is the difference in w3d between ambient light and ambient occlusion?
It seems they have the same result on the scene, maybe are they meant to have a different purpose only for the external render?
You can't currently change the background image, I have prepared for it so in a future release hopefully.

Ambient light adds (weak) light to all areas even stuff not lit by any other lights.

Ambient occlusion shadows areas in creases.
Areas that are shadowed by nearby faces if that explains it.

Would be nice to able to add that in the drawing area in realtime some SSAO algorithm,
but that requires that the rendering code is re-written again and preferable a higher OpenGL version
than what we require today.
We still don't have a option to change the image, but if you want to do that eventually, then you can replace the canyon texture for another you want. I replaced mine for an interior one with predominant white light instead the bronze one that the canyon scene bring to our objects.