Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [ok] selection + folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Would it be possible to extend current geometry graph folder function with new feature?
Imagine you have several folders including some objects.
You selected one object in a scene but you have no idea in which folder it is.
So, maybe object selected = folder name gets bold
as shown below:

small thing but can help a lot.

BR, Hank
I know what you mean. I also got in the same situation as you. I like the idea and I can take a look if we can implement it.
(10-27-2019, 08:09 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]I know what you mean. I also got in the same situation as you. I like the idea and I can take a look if we can implement it.

maybe it would be possible to enhance outliner and material selection with the same function?
I have a scene with ~100 objects and ~20 materials on it (with slight color difference) - now I'm lost becasue I'm not sure what material is refering to selected object.
So, new function would be: selected object -> material name gets bold
what do you think?

BR, Hank
I don't know if that is possible in the gui we are using, maybe.
(11-08-2019, 02:56 PM)dgud Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if that is possible in the gui we are using, maybe.

I'm thinking how it can work when an object has several materials assigned to it... hmmm
outliner area in fact can be difficult to enhance with this function, but maybe face selection -> RMB menu -> materials -> MMB can show all assigned materials to the object?

BR, Hank
Hi Hank
I was reviewing some posts and remembered about this one...

Hank Wrote:Imagine you have several folders including some objects.
You selected one object in a scene but you have no idea in which folder it is.
So, maybe object selected = folder name gets bold
This will already available in the next version.

Hank Wrote:I'm thinking how it can work when an object has several materials assigned to it... hmmm
outliner area in fact can be difficult to enhance with this function, but maybe face selection -> RMB menu -> materials -> MMB can show all assigned materials to the object?
I submitted a PR today including this option. Let's hope it can be approved.

Materials menu item on Geometry window in face selection mode has now a MMB option that will show a submenu with the materials used by the selected faces. When you choose one you will enter in Material edit dialog.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Hi Micheus,

Thank you for processing this request.
Hope it can be helpful option in daily operations.

BR, Hank